[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 10:47 am

I just realized I cracked the 1,000 Worth Points barrier a short time ago:

Yeah, it's just a random points marker for posting in these forums, and it ultimately means nothing, but I'm still over 1,000. For those who are still unsure, the Worth Points marker is just something I made up to add a bit of spice to our forum profiles. It was a graphic that I originally made for an early version of the ranking images (ie. the Member graphics just under our usernames on the left), but I stripped it out and turned it into a standalone. It was too good looking not to use for something, so Worth Points it became. I was originally going to give away prizes to high Worth Points earners, but that would've been too much work and it's too easy to manipulate.

Similar to a lot of other forums that have some sort of post-activity marker, you get points in Worth Points for being active on the forums. Different forums give different amounts of points depending on if you make threads or reply. Some of the forums give nothing. The spam forums, for instance.

Anyways, back to the me-at-1,000 major point of this thread. I'm King For A Day. farao Guess what I win? Nothing.

Carry on.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2009-12-01, 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirabi Wutang
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 10:51 am

I've been wondering why the Worth didn't add up with the Posts count. Interesting tidbit that I probably won't remember next time I think about it Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 11:07 am

Kirabi Wutang wrote:
I've been wondering why the Worth didn't add up with the Posts count. Interesting tidbit that I probably won't remember next time I think about it Razz

Originally, when that graphic was part of the ranking images, it WAS going to link to post count. It was placed just underneath the bars, and each of the three mini-icons (the armbrace, the ecto, and the platinum) all had a counter next to them. Everyone upon first registering would've started at 0 counter for each. As your post total progressed the counter would increase until you got to the max for each - a stack of armbraces/ectos and 1000 platinum. Not sure what I was planning to do after people reached that mark (if ever), but I probably was going to switch them to some elite ranking image that I never got around to making.

Keep in mind that the plan was to go along with the whole "We Farm Your [ECTOs]" theme. Some things just didn't make the cut, like this. That implementation would've taken way too many rank images to make, even if I upped the counter in moderately-incremental steps. It would've been hell to upload and sort, not to mention I don't even know if Forumotion's admin panel even supports the number of ranking images it would've taken.

I also didn't like how big it made the rank images themselves. IMO, too tall with the counter there. Even without the counter they're pretty damn tall.

For posterity's sake, here's what the early rank image looked like at max counter. For high-ranking members (Leader/Officers/etc.) the counters were in gold just like the font is that you're all used to seeing. For normal members it would've been gray:

The early versions were a lot thinner length-wise. I widened them to 200 pixels length in order to fit more text and to compliment the 200 pixel length allowance of avatars (200x200).

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 12:41 pm

posting here to see my worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 12:42 pm

how come my worth is so much less than my post count?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 1:01 pm

Damnit, now I'm curious, too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 1:03 pm

Because you've been posting in threads that don't count for worth, perhaps? That is if I'm understanding what he said correctly. Some thread/forum sections don't even give worth when you post, and maybe you get more worth depending on if you start a thread and where you start one? I dunno, that's what I thought I read though. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 1:36 pm

shut up with your logic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 2:04 pm

To add to Laynie's logic, I've seen in the past where I've started a thread and my "worth" grew with each response in the thread. So if I started a thread and it had 35 responses, I would have 36 added to my "worth". Just a thought. Don't know if that still works that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 2:15 pm

so i can start a thread and post like 234259 times in it and own you all!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 2:21 pm

Lol omg Andrew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 3:01 pm

I guess grats is in order
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 4:54 pm

Boooooooooo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 5:25 pm

LOL you guys.

congrats Tide. I know what youre saying, though I might not compute the way its added up. RPG Stars had something similar. and as the rank/ point system went up you got a title change and eventually become an RPG Star -- if mods and admin allow, in which case there was a secret forum to talk to gaile and other rpg stars. blogs and stuff came later then kinda faded out and now the site/forums are gone gone gone.. Sad but yea it was pretty funny when guys would freak out if their title dropped or raised. fun times fun times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 9:10 pm

Grace wrote:
LOL you guys.

congrats Tide. I know what youre saying, though I might not compute the way its added up. RPG Stars had something similar. and as the rank/ point system went up you got a title change and eventually become an RPG Star -- if mods and admin allow, in which case there was a secret forum to talk to gaile and other rpg stars. blogs and stuff came later then kinda faded out and now the site/forums are gone gone gone.. Sad but yea it was pretty funny when guys would freak out if their title dropped or raised. fun times fun times.

Yeah, this forum also supports RPG-like features. We're using the 'Points' widget of those RPG features in the Admin Panel for the Worth Points.

amaretto creme wrote:
Because you've been posting in threads that don't count for worth, perhaps? That is if I'm understanding what he said correctly. Some thread/forum sections don't even give worth when you post, and maybe you get more worth depending on if you start a thread and where you start one? I dunno, that's what I thought I read though. Lol

Yes, that's exactly how it works. In general, starting a thread gives 1 points, and replying to a thread gives 1. Originally it was set at 2 points a thread and 1 for reply, but I didn't want everyone to take that as an initiative to just spam the forum with new threads and make a mess of the place.

The 'spam' threads - ie. the Forum Fun forum - give no Worth Points for replies but 1 for a thread started (more Forum Fun word games = good). The recruitment forums give 0 points for both thread and reply. Originally only the Leader/Officers were giving feedback on recruitment apps here. Not everyone was given permission to post there, so I didn't want to only reward the ones who did have it (since we get a LOT of apps). The private Office forums also give zero Worth Points, since not everyone has access to those. The builds and guides forums give the most points because threads in those places take a lot of work to write up. Community Bulletin Board, Service & Activity, and Marketplace threads are worth 2 points and replies are worth 1, because keeping things active here is what we are most interested in. The Matters forums are given higher priority than the general forums (2-thread, 1-reply) as only important issues should go in there. The Contests & Challenges forum only gives a point for threads started, but not to replies, since most replies are simply entry posts. (You want a Worth Point? Make your own damn contest! Razz)

I'm going to change it up a bit and give 1 Worth Point to the recruitment forums, in an effort to inspire more participation and contribution in giving app feedback. Threads started there will get a Worth Point because it's usually new recruits who make them, and our apps take a bit of time to write up. Most of the applicants are 'Guests' anyways, so they'd get nothing. As for recruitment forum replies, when the interested applicants return and respond to concerns/questions/etc. raised in their own recruitment thread, that shows interest and I want to reward that.

EDIT: Done!

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2009-12-02, 12:20 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dogmire
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-01, 10:00 pm

I has much worth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Menzies Disciple
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-02, 4:37 am

me not so much
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-02, 7:09 am

XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-10, 8:04 am

Me. Over 1,000 Posts. Boo Yah Bitches!

That's right -

Suck on it Mio! Razz

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-10, 8:07 am

TideSwayer wrote:
Me. Over 1,000 Posts. Boo Yah Bitches!

That's right -

Suck on it Mio! Razz

AND IT WAS IN A CONVO WITH ME! Basicallly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirabi Wutang
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-10, 8:10 am

Oh jeese, now I'm upping Steve's worth still...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2009-12-10, 8:12 am

Kirabi Wutang wrote:
Oh jeese, now I'm upping Steve's worth still...

Why don't you try "upping" that Abaddon's Gate time attack screenshot?

*hint* *hint* *wink* *wink* *nudge*

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   2010-02-11, 7:30 pm

JESUS BUILT MY HOT ROD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!   

Back to top Go down

Me. Over 1,000 Worth Points. Boo Yah Bitches!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top