View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-11, 4:27 am

About myself:
I will keep this simple or at least try.
You all know me but for those who don't here is a little background.
Where I am from:
Originally : Connecticut
Presently : Colorado
Military Career:

I joined the military at the ripe old age of 17(hated construction and Parents built custom homes in Connecticut & working for family sucks)) in 1988, went to basic at Ft. Benning, Ga, entered RIP school right after infantry school. RIP= Ranger Indoctrination Program, Airborne School, the finally Ranger School. I had a combat jump in 1989 during Operation Just Cause(panama), was grazed in the right hip which seared my bdu's to my flesh didn't really notice it call it adrenaline or whatever but 4 days later is when it was noticed. Awarded my bronze star during the police campaign urban combat, might be too abrupt to put the reasons why I was awarded it so pm me if you really need to know. My training plus my parents getting me into aikido at the age of 3 is the reason I still breathe today. So +1 Purple heart +1 Bronze Star.
Operation Desert Storm: Took a ak-47 round ricochet off a black hawk while extracting a sniper team that nearly destroyed my left shoulder. +2 purple heart.
Retired from military went to school for history at the university of Maryland @ college park.
WORK:
Never used my degree became a bodyguard in DC,VA, and MD till I got a government contract for 10th grp(SF) out of Fort Carson, Colorado. Did Aikido with the govenment until 2004.
My job is very simple: Win and keep sponsors
I play Darts for a living became a pro in 2007 so I travel and play, it pays the bills and its somewhat nice.

This game:
This game is a reason to escape all the bullshit in life, I have been there fo many players past or present who have had issues in real life or just hard luck in game. I dont care I will treat all equally, the guild has evolved to a family not everyone agrees but all are still friends at the closing of the day.
Vent will always be here because this game sucks without it.
This game has produced friends ones I would welcome into my home ones that would grab a beer or meet in Vegas, too me thats all that really matters.

Sports/Music.
Patriots Fan
Hate basketball at least the pros college isn't bad but rather watch a more contact sport love Lacrosse
Yankee fan been one my whole life back before titles where bought.
Metal and classical music.
Tattoos oh yeah left arm is 3/4 sleeved, right arm is fully sleeved.

Most of you already know this about me but this is me in a nutshell

Last edited by usranger1 on 2010-01-11, 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Menzies Disciple
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-11, 6:51 am

Did not hear of a Wife in this one either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-11, 11:10 am

I was giving yours the benefit of the doubt but ok

Sarges wife
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kodi Venomspike
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-11, 6:27 pm

being a former member of the military myself, id like to hear the bronze star story
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCeltric08
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-11, 7:08 pm

Very Happy Rofl. Pats got owned. Otherwise that's a sweet story. Needless to say, I'm glad you're here to tell us all this Very Happy.

P.S. GO YANKS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-12, 8:33 pm

cool darts are fun.

im sure you heard about my family after that day I got mad. but anywho not posting that here. -shrug- I guess you can understand why in a way....
thought you were still in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-12, 8:50 pm

MSentry07 wrote:
P.S. GO YANKS!

I'd sleep with one eye open if I were you. Suspect

Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-12, 9:24 pm

I always do...for liability reasons as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-13, 3:13 am

Been a Pats fan since Grogan was quarterback, sooo.... like the bad seasons this is draft pick year,
on the Bronze Star front, Sarge heard this story when we first met in game, After the jump in we had to assist in the the police action, too make a long story short ....weapon jam, Panamanian Reg rushed me in a hallway shooting every inch of the wall to the left of me, as he came around the corner I snapped his neck and saw his eyes change face to face, grew up really fast that day and realized I wasnt imortal like most 18 y/o's think they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-13, 8:35 pm

I have known im not imortal since I was four, I guess ... maybe sooner, but four yea...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceCreamSneaker
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-13, 9:13 pm

HUA!!!!! Where GED's dont count and no 45 AFQT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sgt H
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-13, 11:16 pm

Do you ever have issues with PTSD? I got it bad after I got out of iraq...Did a lot of things over there I'm not proud of...I hope no one ever has to do some of the things we did. But it was for a good cause. For the people of America to treat us like shit when we get back, right? Hell no..So those people have the freedom TO treat us like shit. Right?

Army or not. You were a member of the United States Armed Forces. And for that you have my respect till the end. Maybe even friendship after a while. I'd love to get to know ya.

I know you're going to say "I was just doing my job" Because that's what I say every time. But, Thank you for your service to this country. It means the world to people who understand that freedom really isn't free. Its earned in blood by men and women like us that gave the blood for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-14, 3:39 am

Always know this that no matter the right and way things are done in the military, no matter what branch of service there will always be crtics of whatever actions we do. This is the right we defend or have defended in the past. Freedom of Speech, its a dual edged sword, good and bad at the same time, but my way of dealing with it is politics do not belong in the military, and civilans take for granted their freedoms becouse without us and others before us and others after we are gone they would not have that right to protest, to assemble, to be americans.
On the Ptsd front, yes I have it, but wont put it out in open forums I would like to keep some dignity. Pm me ingame or on the forums on how I cope and I will be more then happy to help if I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dogmire
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-14, 8:16 am

Sgt H wrote:
Do you ever have issues with PTSD? I got it bad after I got out of iraq...Did a lot of things over there I'm not proud of...I hope no one ever has to do some of the things we did. But it was for a good cause. For the people of America to treat us like shit when we get back, right? Hell no..So those people have the freedom TO treat us like shit. Right?
Hey man I hope you can get some good support to help you recover and manage your PTSD. But as long as you were not one of the guys throwing puppies off a cliff then you don't have anything to be ashamed of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dogmire
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-14, 8:19 am

usranger1 wrote:
On the Ptsd front, yes I have it, but wont put it out in open forums I would like to keep some dignity. Pm me ingame or on the forums on how I cope and I will be more then happy to help if I can.
Dang Chris you lost dignity a long DAMN time ago! j/k But really if you think that as a guild we need to consider each other family then you need to start considering at least a few close people as a family support. And per your comment above I think the cats out the bag bud.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kodi Venomspike
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-14, 3:45 pm

yea most people consider ptsd to be a sign of weakness. NOT AT ALL. Like chris and sgt h said u would not believ the things we had to go thru over there. I know i have it as well and the VA has been a very big help, for me atleast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-14, 4:15 pm

Not to get all touchy and feely, but my brother actually is going through some shit too. To compound it, he feels guilty because his best friend from high school was killed in a work related accident (not military) while he (my brother) was in the desert. He's really not the same person anymore. I think because of my relationship with my brother, I understand the military life more so than many other non military people. And because of that, all of our vets get my utmost respect. As well they should. I wish more people understood what you men actually do to protect our right to bitch about you (stupidest thing a civilian ever does, in my opinion).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-14, 6:19 pm

I am a civilian, yet always been around millitary vets .... I know what PTSD is like. You dont have to go over seas to get it... just pointing that out. and in NO way am I knocking any of the above, just wanted to point out some classified as civilians do know what its like being millitary without being it. --if you don't get what I am saying then dont worry about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kodi Venomspike
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-14, 6:36 pm

i totally agree grace. post tramatic stress disorder is exactly as it sounds. you dont have to be in the military to go thru some sort of incident that impacts your life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-15, 2:53 am

Kodi Venomspike wrote:
yea most people consider ptsd to be a sign of weakness. NOT AT ALL. Like chris and sgt h said u would not believ the things we had to go thru over there. I know i have it as well and the VA has been a very big help, for me atleast.

It is total bullshit that people think PTSD is a sign of weakness. I think that all the people who think that have not been exposed to anything in their lives that give them a real understanding about the human race and should probably go crawl back under their rock and shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Menzies Disciple
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-15, 5:13 am

I will tell you this, PTSD or Traumatic Brain injury or whatever fancy shit they want to call it, If you go to Iraq (I have been 3 times now) you have a 99% chance of returning with PTSD, get help, and go day to day. It is very hard at times, I know, but you got to keep trucking through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-15, 1:44 pm

wanted to add that 'help' can be support of family and friends, doctors, and or yourself. (pets help too.) finding a release like a hobby.. such as oh... gardening is good. I'd say gaming but sometimes it can agrivate just as much as be theraputic to take the mind off things. -not that I know or anything. Wink FYI. other conditions follow with post tramatic stress disorder. like anxiety for one. (which is actually multiple different things since theres several anxiety disorders out there and other mental conditions.)

If ANYONE needs advice on how to relax for tension headaches, and panic attacks/ SAD. (aka social anxiety disorder) I might be able to enlighten... just saying. I have been dealing with it long enough to feel free to openly talk about most of this. I know how it felt years ago and felt stupid of sheepish to talk about it. DO NOT BE ASHAMED. IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kodi Venomspike
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-15, 2:13 pm

i looooooooove to garden =D

seriously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-15, 2:32 pm

started this thread as an intro for people who wanted to know me not dr phil spin off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sgt H
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Why Chris is Chris   2010-01-15, 3:53 pm

Kodi Venomspike wrote:
i looooooooove to garden =D

seriously.

O.o....
Back to top Go down
View user profile