Share | 

"New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Agrippa
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-04, 12:14 pm

Ok so me and John were discussing the other day about creating a new banner for the forums after we've chosen a name. I made some vector graphics of some gemstones and some weapons and I wanted to get some other ideas from the rest of you as to what you'd like to see in a banner

ie. background, screenshots, in-game content, weapons etc

Post here with any ideas you have or any screen shots you would like to include and we can go from there
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-04, 2:40 pm

A screen shot of mgmike dead with text " it never happend." LOL no I will try to pull some wit out but I do better playing off brain storms than pulling out of thin air.

focus?: funny? farming? runs? not sure maybe if we had a guild name first it would help on the humor in banner? -shrug- but im for help making a banner fun fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-04, 2:42 pm

I still like the current banner, to be honest. We never got the chance to wear it out. All I have to do is change the text to whatever the new guild name is.

GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-04, 2:49 pm

Yeah. I'd say lets come back to this when we can take the time to decide if we want to wear out the "current" banner first, or if we want to make a new one. This isn't as important as getting everything back up and running, imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agrippa
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-04, 2:54 pm

Yea i just wanted to give people something to think about.

I love any chance to be creative and apply my out of game skills to the guild so I just thought itd be a fun thread where people could brainstorm.

Not anything that needs to be rushed I just wanted everyone elses input on the subject
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-04, 2:59 pm

posting non offical banner brainstorms would be cool. be creative and apply. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Killian
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-04, 3:01 pm

Agrippa let your creative mind flow. I love the stuff you have made.

With a new banner should it be DoA based or maybe try and fit in DoA, UW, and the ever loved FoW. I know we are looking at DoA as our main area, Like that idea. I just do not want to be held done to one area. One issue I had with Ectos is for the last few months we have not done UW. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haldamir
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-04, 3:09 pm

Personally, I like the banner w/o any text.....just cause it brings out a lot more on the terms of Art, rather than just giving it a name....but that's just imo. Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agrippa
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-06, 2:10 pm

I agree with killian about the uw theme. And I dont see us doing much uw in the future either. I'll try to apply doa uw and fow to it and keep it more image balanced than txt heavy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-06, 3:51 pm

DONT TOUCH IT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-06, 4:05 pm

Hmmm... I have a cool looking Mallyx picture that I will try to remove the background from it. I'll post it when I get out of work.

Edit: I cant find it. I thought I backed them up when I formatted windows. I took lots of pictures of Mallyx back in ursanway. Sad

Last edited by Reave on 2010-02-06, 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agrippa
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-06, 4:15 pm

Thanks reaves. Shup gmike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 10:28 am

Just want to note that the revised banner using the existing backdrop is just about done. Finding a good combination of placement for Agents Of Indecision [meh] was a bit harder than it was for We Farm Your [ECTOs]. I think I came up with something satisfactory.

It should be uploaded later today. After that... recruitment ad (and Apply To [meh] "scroll "button).

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 1:15 pm

i think you should just have a plain white banner, or just blend the banner into the back ground and just have Agents Of Indecision [meh] in the bottom corner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 1:17 pm

just incase you need a backup plan...

i was thinking uw fow and doa scene screenie faded together or something... and oh i dont know i lost my idea. darn it...

mod... plain white might be harsh on the eyes.... just saying.. but a blended area screens shows indecision kinda sorta... still cant remember
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 1:19 pm

OK, I was going to try to do this as a pic to show everyone, but time is difficult so here's my idea.

Have a screenie of 8 in party. 6 /point ing in different directions, 1 /sigh, and 1 /ponder

My original idea was to have that screenie taken at the "edge of the world" Eredon Terrace glitch and overlay the Dragon from the GW2 trailer onto the empty space for the background. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 1:22 pm

guild shot random emote tonight in gh? Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bourne Ultima [GS]
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 1:22 pm

just do it, see what it looks like, very hard to visualise what you mean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 2:11 pm

Grace wrote:
i was thinking uw fow and doa scene screenie faded together or something... and oh i dont know i lost my idea. darn it...

We used to have a banner like this. It was actually the banner before this one when Hush was allied with us...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 2:48 pm

no no not like that... blended to look like one pic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 3:06 pm

Lol I know, but we still had a banner kinda like that. Razz I think Steve tried to do that, but it was so hard to blend the pictures together. =\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sister Holly
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 4:46 pm

Going more along with the guild name, as opposed to Guild Wars-themed, we could always go for some abstract banner. I know you graphic design people can make some seriously AMAZING looking banners of ... well nothing.

Hit up some splatter brushes, c4d's, etc. Just our name. The random and lack of anything, goes with the Indecision theme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 5:11 pm

A huge banner with my Ele's face on
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 5:14 pm

And we could make t-shirts...

meh
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agrippa
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   2010-02-09, 6:10 pm

haha i can try to work on something blended lke grace said and see if it would come out good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas   

Back to top Go down

"New Banner Pending Guild Name Choice" Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top