Share | 

Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-06, 3:37 am

As you have noticed by now, there are all-new rank images underneath your forums usernames which use various amounts of Guild Wars gemstones (and other in-game things). What isn't finished yet are the actual rank titles text that corresponds with each rank image (ie. the text in-between your forums username and your rank image). Right now they are simply labelled a generic gemstone notation that was used for ordering/uploading purposes. We're going to need some ideas for these rank title names, so it's time to brainstorm it up and give some Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho names for rank titles!

The best ones will be chosen and used. No polls or anything. We'll just grab a bunch and use them. Keep in mind that there are a LOT of rank images to name, so flood this thread with suggestions.

GUIDELINES wrote:
Keep These Guidelines In Mind:

1. Nothing NSFW. You can come close to the edge, but DON'T cross it.

2. The rank images are linked to your post count (amount per rank 'upgrade' also still TBD), so if you have several ideas which correspond to a certain theme, then have them in succession of worst -> best. Theme suggestions for the entire collection are encouraged as well.

3. Nothing too lengthy. Keep them as short and sweet as possible.

4. Anything else? I can add further guidelines if anybody has anything else to add.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2010-02-09, 5:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-06, 10:06 am

Lowest: Shing Jea Noob

Just because I hate that place. Should be the lowest of the low.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-06, 10:16 am

should be maester
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCeltric08
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-06, 10:26 am

Wtf?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess Of Defense
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 3:19 am

how about maybe, idk considerably... allow people to make their own title ;o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 3:29 am

Goddess Of Defense wrote:
how about maybe, idk considerably... allow people to make their own title ;o

That's what custom tags are for. (IE. the "Too Hot To Handle..." thing on my left profile...)

ATM, those are set for only Admins to be able to change those, I think. I'm willing to give anyone what they want if they want a cool custom tag.

Anyways, at least for now, we're going to go with a basic "Level 00 - Level 20" rank image title until we think of something else to do.

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 4:38 am

TideSwayer wrote:
Anyways, at least for now, we're going to go with a basic "Level 00 - Level 20" rank image title until we think of something else to do.

How does this fit in with the whole DoA gem thing? Surely levels as ranks would fit better with some sort of experience bar as rank images, rather than the DoA gems?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 5:19 am

Link Of The Desert wrote:
TideSwayer wrote:

How does this fit in with the whole DoA gem thing? Surely levels as ranks would fit better with some sort of experience bar as rank images, rather than the DoA gems?

It's all that I could think of on short notice. There are other, more important, areas of the forums that need attention right now. It's better to have some sort of label up there rather than have the shorthand notation currently in place. Besides, even though it's DoA gems, they are still being used as postcount level markers anyways, not actual gemset counters. You level up to the next 'gem' and then eventually armbraces.

I'm all ears for suggestions if you have any other ideas, but for now it's something I'm going to put on the backburner and get back to in time.

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 5:35 am

You know it may be a stupid idea, but possibly using GW ranks already established in game could be helpful in the interim, should we not agree across the board. Food for thought perhaps? Just a suggestion Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 5:36 am

Brother KuJoe wrote:
You know it may be a stupid idea, but possibly using GW ranks already established in game could be helpful in the interim, should we not agree across the board. Food for thought perhaps? Just a suggestion Smile

What do you mean by GW ranks?

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 10:54 am

My guess would be the prefixes for titles like Kurz, Lux, Zaishen, and other PvP titles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 11:11 am

Margo Whore
Titan Slut
Stygian Skank
Torment Bitch

Brace Pimp

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 11:38 am

Mio wrote:
Margo Whore
Titan Slut
Stygian Skank
Torment Bitch

Brace Pimp

LOL. I like this. We could use varying adjectives to denote the four sub-levels of each gem, like, "Margo Whore---Margo Major Whore---Margo Mega Whore---Margo Supreme Whore"

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 11:39 am

TideSwayer wrote:
Mio wrote:
Margo Whore
Titan Slut
Stygian Skank
Torment Bitch

Brace Pimp

LOL. I like this. We could use varying adjectives to denote the four sub-levels of each gem, like, "Margo Whore---Margo Major Whore---Margo Mega Whore---Margo Supreme Whore"

Glad I could help xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 11:41 am

Probably best to put the adjectives first though...

Mega Margo Whore
Supreme Brace Pimp

EDIT: This is actually a good idea for cutting down the amount of actual labels we'd need. Even if we don't go with "Whore/Slut/Skank/Bitch/Pimp" (in case people have problems with using those), we could go with some other set of 5 labels and just use adjectives to describe them (even the normal/Major/Mega/Supreme ones). Any other ideas for a set of 5 terms we could go with?

Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 12:16 pm

TideSwayer wrote:
Brother KuJoe wrote:

What do you mean by GW ranks?

What I meant was for example the sunspear ranks minus the prefix "sunspear". Something along those lines might be suitable. Like I said, just a suggestion Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 12:17 pm

Whore,Pimp etc to describe the type gem ...

Normal, major etc to describe the gem rank is awesome

Do It Do It
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 12:47 pm

I just really don't like the idea of "whore", "slut", "pimp", etc. We are adults, right? Surely we can come up with something far more appropriate. Just seems incredibly juvenile to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 12:48 pm

Scott Ware wrote:
I just really don't like the idea of "whore", "slut", "pimp", etc. We are adults, right? Surely we can come up with something far more appropriate. Just seems incredibly juvenile to me.

Baby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 12:51 pm

I'll get to looking at the rank title idea and see what I can come up with. So correct me if I'm wrong, there are 20 ranks (4 for each level of gem and 4 braces)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 1:17 pm

LOL at whore .. pimp... johns right tho It probably wouldn't make everyone laugh and whatnot. I have no ideas on the gem ranking system as far as a title for each rank goes however I do love the images. (the gems and blade and armbraces...)

personal tag if we get around to it I guess Bobo the bear quest item and the word T-wit would work for me or something less offensive? if it is? its not to miie. <--- look I used IE too! Very Happy just teasing I remember you mentioning in vent lastnight.

Last edited by Grace on 2010-02-08, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : memtioning mentioning same dif)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sister Holly
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 1:34 pm

Going with the gem theme maybe something to do with farming (then prefixes)
For example --
Names: Raptor Farmer, Ecto Farmer, Gem Farmer, Speed Clear Master
Prefixes: Weaksauce, PvX, Dedicated, Pro, Legendary

In case that wasn't clear, it would go like: Weaksauce Raptor Farmer -> PvX Raptor Farmer -> Dedicated Raptor Farmer ... ... Weaksauce Ecto Farmer, etc.
Highest being Legendary Speed Clear Master

The last title could be Farmer of All (similar to norn thing). So then the highest rank would be Legendary Farmer of All

Just a random thought. Funny, goes with the theme. I understand we aren't a farming guild. But if our ranks are measured with gems/money it fits in a sense.

Last edited by Sister Holly on 2010-02-08, 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 1:37 pm

LOL^^ I really like that idea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 1:39 pm

Meh the whore idea is way better and suitable ... XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   2010-02-08, 1:52 pm

LOL mio we can make you a special title just for you called 'the pimp'n whore yo!' Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas   

Back to top Go down

Hilarious/Catchy/Awesome/Badass/Macho Rank Title Name Ideas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top