I love tea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: I love tea   2010-02-22, 3:37 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I love a good cuppa. What's your favourite type of tea? Do you prefer making a pot, or just a cup?

I love tea. I usually ave normal tea with milk and no sugar, but sometimes I have Earl Grey with milk.

This is the tefal quickcup:

It can heat a cupsworth of water in less than 3 seconds. Want a cup of tea? Fine, you can have one in 3 seconds time. Wouldn't that just be bliss?
So, what're your opinions on tea? I want to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
al habib
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 3:45 pm

Twinings English Breakfast or Orange Pekoe in a big mug (1/2 litre or so) for me, with little milk and lots of sugar. TY Smile

Last edited by al habib on 2010-02-23, 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added image and also brand)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 4:04 pm

Depends on what I am in the mood for.

I like both hot and cold teas.

My favorite cold tea is green tea, but I do like it hot as well.

Most of my teas have to have honey and sugar (people tell me it's redundant but it HAS a different taste!) sometimes I will put some creamer in a tea, depending if I have honey or not, or if it would taste weird with honey or better with cream. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCeltric08
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 5:03 pm

I'm personally a coffee fan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 6:12 pm

MSentry07 wrote:
I'm personally a coffee fan.

Who cares. Coffee is not what we're discussing here. We're talking about TEA.

Please, continue with the tea talk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCeltric08
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 6:13 pm

Yes. But I'm entitled to my opinion and I'm allowed to get off topic in this section according to the rules. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 6:13 pm

fuck off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 6:16 pm

well i think we had this conversation, but im getting old and forgetful....

like laynie its the time, weather and mood that effects my decision of tea to be hot or cold or not tea.

now stating the exact types of teas i like well that could quite be near impossible...

as i have enjoyed store bought tea bags in a hot cup o tap water... O.o lipton or Oolong with a little honey

earl grey does need milk (tho' i think proper way is lemon)

as im a garden freak and have a small herb garden.. well approx 20'x20' area that I would like bigger.... more plants and what nots.. infusions of homemade teas are quite enjoyable.

hibiscus teas, chamomile (weak but good with honey for colds), lemon balm and the list can go on and on and on...

EDIT: forgot to mention theres a lot of types of chamomile, currently 'german' - appleish flavor is what i am growing...

Last edited by Grace on 2010-02-22, 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 6:17 pm

Iced tea is nice but it's not really tea, imo

EDIT:
also Grace you are my hero, growing your own tea
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 6:21 pm

Link I have to disagree. tea is made with hot water. after that if you choose to cool it to enjoy the temperature in which you ingest it does not matter. just saying.

tea   /ti/ Show Spelled[tee] Show IPA
–noun
1.the dried and prepared leaves of a shrub, Camellia sinensis, from which a somewhat bitter, aromatic beverage is prepared by infusion in hot water.
2.the shrub itself, extensively cultivated in China, Japan, India, etc., and having fragrant white flowers.Compare tea family.
3.the beverage so prepared, served hot or iced.
4.any kind of leaves, flowers, etc., so used, or any plant yielding them.
5.any of various infusions prepared from the leaves, flowers, etc., of other plants, and used as beverages or medicines.
6.beef bouillon.
7.British. any meal, whether a light snack or one consisting of several courses, eaten in the late afternoon or in the evening; any mealother than dinner, eaten after the middle of the afternoon.
8.an afternoon reception at which tea is served.
9.Slang. marijuana.
—Idiom
10.one's cup of tea, something suitable, appropriate, or attractive to one: Horror movies and westerns are just not my cup of tea.
Use tea in a Sentence
See images of tea
Search tea on the Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1590–1600; 1940–45 for def. 9; < dial. Chin (Xiamen) t'e, akin to Chin chá

—Related forms
tealess, adjective

—Can be confused: tea, tee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 6:28 pm

oh and Link you are my hero too. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 6:42 pm

When I say it's not really tea, I mean that I wouldn't ask for an iced tea in place of a normal tea, ever, it's just too different. I would, however, ask for one over a coca cola etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCeltric08
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 6:45 pm

Yes, but coffee is better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-22, 9:06 pm

coffee, msentry... i drink it on occasion however though its an infusion of grounded beans is not really the same... not at all. its like saying you like hot cocoa or orange juice... -shrug-

I can agree on the preference Link. unfortunately i am american and have gotten addicted to the acid-sugar drinks aka sodapops... iced tea is an excellent alternative to hot tea... like i said weather permitting. Hot weather 80degrees and up more than likely you shall find me sipping a cool glass of tea, rather than hot. but temperature changes effect me a lot and drinking a hot drink on a hot day I am liable to get overheated, get headache, and/ or feel like im baking from the inside out at a rapid pace. -shrug-

heres a question to ponder... what is the best snack to have with tea? (not meal, snack.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess Of Defense
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-23, 4:54 am

I prefer Sun Tea,

prepare it in a jar/container

then leave it out in the sun

:3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
al habib
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-23, 8:06 am

MSentry07 wrote:
Yes, but coffee is better.
Dont want to be rude or anything, but imo, you dont drink real coffee in USA. I had some of it in on my travels there and it is just soooo weak that could probably qualify as tea... so maybe you are right in bringing it out in this thread after all Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-23, 9:08 am

al, LOL! american coffee is poo and so is a lot of american tea. commercialized and cheap, poorly prepared... blah blah.

it is possible to have a good cup of coffee and or tea in america just hard to find unless you know what you are looking for or doing when you make it.

personally coffee is quite harsh on the body. tea can be quite the healer. -shrug-

anywho.. snacks.. shortbreads, shortcakes, cookies (preferred butter cookies) lemon drop cookies and such those are my favorite with tea for a snack... Very Happy

EDIT: adding images, lol! I like this thread. Very Happy

totally forgot about ginger cookies yum!

Last edited by Grace on 2010-02-23, 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-23, 11:41 am

Scones. Nothing beats a good old english cream tea.

For those who aren't familiar with it:
Quote :
cream tea

–noun
a typically British afternoon meal of tea served with scones, jams, and clotted cream.

These particular scones don't look great, but you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaubyFizz
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-23, 9:43 pm

coffee sucks, u wanna call marijuana a drug?! geez put down a rigid unexplained law to bann coffee then. now tht is vented i HEART my lipton or mint tea with milk. i jus went off on marijuana is it goin anywhere?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
al habib
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-24, 7:26 am

Ok... this is not actually tea in the traditional way, but it is an infusion of a green very tasty herb called Yerba Mate, typical from some South American countries:

It is normally served in a hollow specially treated calabash gourd and drunk directly from it through a metallic straw/colander.

Some people add sugar to it, some not. I prefere it without the sugar. Mate is normally served with assorted Bizcochos, a kind of pastry made up of butter mainly.

Just to clarify, mate is not a drug and does not have the effect of making you spot some random Margonite wandering arround your house, trying to steal your car to attempt a break through the column of Titans hiding behind your backyard shrubbery. It actually has a similar effect to coffee (wakes u up and stuff).

If anyone is interested in knowing more about it you can check here for starters.

Last edited by al habib on 2010-02-24, 7:50 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added bizcochos :P)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-24, 11:21 am

LMFAO <3 u Al. now i so want a 'hollow' cup that is neat. 1 Q ... does the metal 'straw' give a metallic taste ? will it effect the xp by using a non metal? maybe wood? just asking cuz i am sensitive to metals. im like the glass man just not quite. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
al habib
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-24, 1:27 pm

Well, as i tried to explain with that straw/colander description, the straw (that is actually called bombilla) has two functions:

1- filters the mate leaves so u actually dont eat the mate, but just drink the infusion
2- carries the infusion to your mouth just as any regular straw does

I guess the election of metal as material must be based on its durability (im not an expert in the subject, i just drink it from time to time Razz). But it does give a metallic taste, mainly due to the fact that u have to put the bombilla in your mouth to drink the infusion, rather than giving the actual infusion a metallic taste. In other words, it's like u drink a cup of tea with the spoon inside your mouth more or less. Spoons are generaly metallic and dont afect the tea flavour too much, but you will still feel the flavor of the spoon if u have it in your mouth (besides the fact that you will most probably have to go change your clothes after trying to drink tea that way). I am not sure if i am being clear enough... There are many different metal materials qualities for bombillas. I prefere alpaca or silver ones. I am pretty sure i have also seen some wooden ones. But i guess wood will interfere more with flavour. Anyway, as long as it complies with 1- and 2-, i guess you could use any straw that is small enough to fit in the calabash gourd.

EDIT:
Here, i found a pic of a wooden one...

Last edited by al habib on 2010-02-24, 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add pic of wooden bombilla)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-02-24, 10:25 pm

lol thanks for the explantion lol! im just sensitive to metal flavor was only a small percent of it. Wink i think the wood one is cool. on phone or id say more. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-03-01, 5:11 am

Link Of The Desert wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I love a good cuppa. What's your favourite type of tea? Do you prefer making a pot, or just a cup?

I love tea. I usually ave normal tea with milk and no sugar, but sometimes I have Earl Grey with milk.

My favourite is masala chai. It's an indian kind, with lots of spice: Masala chai entry on Wikipedia.

I also mix in chili powder.

Regards,
Peter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-06-10, 5:50 pm

Thread necromancy!

Grace wrote:
like laynie its the time, weather and mood that effects my decision of tea to be hot or cold or not tea..

Today I made my own iced tea for the first time. I always thought it was really complex, but I guess not.. lol. I didn't really like what I made, it didn't have much flavour, but mum seemed to like it so I'm happy Smile

Peter wrote:

My favourite is masala chai. It's an indian kind, with lots of spice: Masala chai entry on Wikipedia.

I also mix in chili powder.

Regards,
Peter.

I don't know if it is the same, but today I bought some tea labelled 'Chai', it was described as being from india and I thought I recalled the name from this thread. On the box it says to put a small amount of milk and something to sweeten it in there. Would you say this is a good way to have it, or would you recommend some other way to drink it? I quite enjoyed the version I tried, it was nice. I could really smell cinnamon in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   

Back to top Go down

I love tea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top