AuthorMessage
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-06-10, 5:58 pm

Link Of The Desert wrote:
Thread necromancy!

Grace wrote:
like laynie its the time, weather and mood that effects my decision of tea to be hot or cold or not tea..

Today I made my own iced tea for the first time. I always thought it was really complex, but I guess not.. lol. I didn't really like what I made, it didn't have much flavour, but mum seemed to like it so I'm happy Smile

The thing you have to understand about iced tea is that it's not anywhere near the same thing as what Brits consider tea. It's like comparing Futbol and Football. Sure, they're the same name, but they're obviously not the same thing. I would say that for a Brit to like iced tea, you have to expect something completely different than "tea" (at least your definition of tea). Personally, I hate warm drinks of any kind. Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Tea, you name it. I hate soup, stew, etc. Warm/hot liquid is nasty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-06-10, 6:03 pm

Scott Ware wrote:
The thing you have to understand about iced tea is that it's not anywhere near the same thing as what Brits consider tea. It's like comparing Futbol and Football. Sure, they're the same name, but they're obviously not the same thing. I would say that for a Brit to like iced tea, you have to expect something completely different than "tea" (at least your definition of tea). Personally, I hate warm drinks of any kind. Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Tea, you name it. I hate soup, stew, etc. Warm/hot liquid is nasty.

Oh definitely. I would never cross the two in my mind, as they're just so different. From what I see, iced tea is fruity while normal tea usually isn't. Although today on my giant tea binge I realised something that I'd known for years which is that you can buy fruity teas to be drunk hot.
How do you feel about iced tea, John? Do you like it, or is it too similar to hot tea (fruity versions) for you to enjoy?

EDIT: Also what is futbol?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-06-10, 9:25 pm

I love iced tea. I usually drink 3-4 healthy sized glasses at dinner. Sun tea is the best (brewed in the sun). And futbol is soccer. Futbol is the Spanish spelling (so I didn't confuse football and football).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-06-11, 2:59 am

Thread necromancy!

Grace wrote:
like laynie its the time, weather and mood that effects my decision of tea to be hot or cold or not tea..

Today I made my own iced tea for the first time. I always thought it was really complex, but I guess not.. lol. I didn't really like what I made, it didn't have much flavour, but mum seemed to like it so I'm happy Smile

Peter wrote:

My favourite is masala chai. It's an indian kind, with lots of spice: Masala chai entry on Wikipedia.

I also mix in chili powder.

Regards,
Peter.

I don't know if it is the same, but today I bought some tea labelled 'Chai', it was described as being from india and I thought I recalled the name from this thread. On the box it says to put a small amount of milk and something to sweeten it in there. Would you say this is a good way to have it, or would you recommend some other way to drink it? I quite enjoyed the version I tried, it was nice. I could really smell cinnamon in it.

'Chai' is only a word for tea in Indian. But if it's from India and has lots of spicy seeds in it, chances are it's Masala chai.

I use brown sugar to sweeten it and I also put some chili into the mix.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-06-11, 3:47 am

Peter wrote:
I don't know if it is the same, but today I bought some tea labelled 'Chai', it was described as being from india and I thought I recalled the name from this thread. On the box it says to put a small amount of milk and something to sweeten it in there. Would you say this is a good way to have it, or would you recommend some other way to drink it? I quite enjoyed the version I tried, it was nice. I could really smell cinnamon in it.

'Chai' is only a word for tea in Indian. But if it's from India and has lots of spicy seeds in it, chances are it's Masala chai.

I use brown sugar to sweeten it and I also put some chili into the mix.[/quote]

Sounds like it may well be Masala Chai. What type of chili do you use, I wanna try it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   2010-06-11, 3:54 am

Sounds like it may well be Masala Chai. What type of chili do you use, I wanna try it Very Happy

Chili powder. But apart from that I don't think there are flavors. Of course it will make it hot, but I like it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_pepper
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love tea   

Back to top Go down

I love tea

View previous topic View next topic Back to top