Share | 

Subforum for Previous Applicants

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Forsaken Templar
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-01, 11:49 am

I think it would be a good idea to have a subforum under the general guild application forum that deals exclusively with members who were previously accepted into the guild. I know that ideally you guys want these people to fill out applications like the rest of us, but let's face it, that's becoming more and more of a token novelty rather than an action that has weight. Applicants who post in this forum could just provide a little information about why they left and request another invitation. Otherwise, let's face it, with members like Wicked and Red Dragon, neither of which wrote a quality application, you're just asking for people who haven't met them to flat out reject them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-01, 1:36 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with this, and you're definitely not wrong. The only thing I can offer is the [meh] is still new and we're really still in transition from [Ectos]. This may happen from time to time.

Wicked's app was a misunderstanding because not a lot of people understood that he was told he needed to apply and his app didn't really convince anyone that he really wanted to be here. That was part his fault, part whomever told him to apply. But we're all past it now.

Red is a different story all together. He was a full-fledge officer in [Ectos] and stepped down for school. Then went on to Aion. What you saw in his app is typical Red. He's quite funny and fun to be around (don't let that go to your obnoxiously big head, Red).

Point being, I agree that some sort of indication needs to be made for those that have been in the guild previously and are coming back for whatever reason. I hope that you, and other newer members to our guild, don't hold these apps against them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-01, 1:38 pm

Honestly, I don't think we should even keep their apps up. They should just go into archives. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forsaken Templar
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-01, 1:40 pm

Oh no, I don't hold anything against these guys. I just think that for the people we make fill out applications, those applications should be done to the best of their abilities. If guys like Red were in good standing in ECTOs, I'm more than happy to let them get into the guild without going through the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-01, 1:51 pm

Forsaken Templar wrote:
If guys like Red were in good standing in ECTOs

HE WAS?!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-01, 1:58 pm

LOL Dev.

And, still, I think they should be archived because it doesn't really show anything to new applicants even to keep them up.

I see Chris's even got deleted, but then again, he didn't really fill out an app, hehe. I think archiving them is just as fine, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-01, 2:30 pm

see thats just 1 thing i MISS my first aplication, just incase any of u dont remember it i took the "detailed" part to heart when i did it... i did SOOOOO much and now its GONE!!!! *crys* but yeah anyway old members should have a re-application sub-forum idk about ppl that have been kicked but w/e food for thought
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-03, 4:15 pm

not everything can be archived or saved. eventually the space is needed. unnessecary things get deleted. though I have not read all the posts i have missed so far on forums - i decided to go bottom to top today.. shrug... but do we really have that many people needing to reapply that we need a new forum/ sub forum for apps? if so then yea sure, but if we are just anticipating people leaving and coming back ... this is kinda an odd discussion to me...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-03, 4:40 pm

well as far as ive been able to tell we still have a decent number of old [ECTOs] members that are re-joining [meh] now so maybe it might just be worthwhile to put something in the guidelines that tells you to make sure its obvious its a re-application or something that way we could leave it up the whole time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-03, 4:52 pm

Added notation near IGN as to previous applicant or previous guild member or never applied before in application Qs instead of a whole new forum? Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Forsaken Templar
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-03, 4:58 pm

I think it still needs a whole new forum considering it changes entirely who can vote /accept and /deny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-03, 5:19 pm

It doesn't change WHO can vote. It just changes HOW we vote... for the most part. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   2010-03-03, 5:45 pm

okay so i see why this was brought up, however I still think in addition to IGN a notation in applications form instead of new forum...

ex:
IGN: Grace Paragon
Previous involvement with community? If so, how do we know you? If new to community just reply "new".
Was in ectos, and I am da twit. Very Happy

something like that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subforum for Previous Applicants   

Back to top Go down

Subforum for Previous Applicants

View previous topic View next topic Back to top