View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drizzt
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 12:32 pm

Hey, im Drizzt.
I'm 17 and live in Alabama. I'll do pretty much anything whenever and i'll help anyone with basically anything. I'm only on on weekends and school holidays. I'm an exp DoA tank (pre and post nerf) and i love running platoon (dwg nec or imbagon), exp with pretty much ever aspect of the game. about the only thing i have left to do in game is beat Sorrows Furnace, simply because i havent tried it yet.

Interests:
music (play guitar as well as snare drum/tenors in my school marching band). also, im pretty much constantly on the look out for good Metal/Screamo bands so if anyone knows any they wanna share drop me a line with the name of them
College Football.... i live in the south, its practically required to like it. also ROLL TIDE! >.>
being around my gf and other friends
Reading, i read a ton of fantasy and science fiction (the name is from a book ffs)

P.S i also like to make signature banners, whether theyre good or not ill let you all decide
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 12:52 pm

Hai. Welcome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirabi Wutang
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 1:09 pm

Gmike said something either last night or the night before that your name sounded really familiar. I'd have to agree with him, but I have no clue from where. Since nothing pops up I'm assuming that there's nothing bad associated which is usually the case when someones name sticks.

Anywho, welcome aboard the love train!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCeltric08
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 1:37 pm

Dude, nice. You have similar interests to mine. Look forward to talking to you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 3:34 pm

I see a TON of people using that name. I knew it was from a book, just don't know what book. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mally
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 3:38 pm

Drizzit from the orginal dark elf trillogy by ra salvatore aka dnd forgotten realms fantasy novles....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drizzt
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 7:24 pm

Kirabi Wutang wrote:
Gmike said something either last night or the night before that your name sounded really familiar. I'd have to agree with him, but I have no clue from where. Since nothing pops up I'm assuming that there's nothing bad associated which is usually the case when someones name sticks.

Anywho, welcome aboard the love train!

Probably from UW or something.... i used to practically live in ToA. also, as Amarreto said alot of ppl use this name
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 8:11 pm

Well that would be why I never read the books. I was a Dragonlance fan and didn't care much for Forgotten Realms books. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirabi Wutang
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 8:12 pm

Never read those particular Dragonlance novels. Intriguing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-04, 10:19 pm

I <3 Dragonlance. The main story By Weiss and Hickman are the only ones I can really read, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drizzt
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-05, 10:26 pm

Lol, Im the exact opposite. I cant stand Dragonlance, they just arent interesting.

Recently discovered Ted Dekker though. He's a christian writer (I'm Wiccan and as such dont like many christian authors other than Frank Perretti <3). The nice thing is that he is subtle with the God bits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-06, 5:19 pm

Kinda like LotR and the Narnia series? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drizzt
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-06, 6:20 pm

amaretto creme wrote:
Kinda like LotR and the Narnia series? Razz

Not quite but close
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-06, 10:22 pm

I was just comparing the fact that both of them are made by religious writers. Razz And a lot of it is very subtle unless you're really looking for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drizzt
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-07, 4:52 pm

amaretto creme wrote:
I was just comparing the fact that both of them are made by religious writers. Razz And a lot of it is very subtle unless you're really looking for it.

Didnt know Tolkin (sp?) was a religious writer O.o Ive only seen the LotR movies and read the first book. The books arent interesting to me =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-07, 5:45 pm

Yeah, he is. They actually were roommates in college.... Lewis and Tolkien. I don't remember which one, but one of them was an athiest and went about trying to disprove the bible and ended up just not being able to prove it wrong, or some shit. I dunno. Either way, yes both of them are. Lol I don't know the parallels to the bible in Tolkien's books, so I couldn't even give you an example. I just know they are (I was friends with some Jesus Freaks in college... that's the only reason I know ANY of this.... lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drizzt
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-07, 10:49 pm

Tolkien would be the Atheist then. Lewis has wrote a couple of very pro-christianity books during his time. Still though, that is kinda cool, no matter how you learned it. Its useless trivia like that that makes for interesting convo's some times
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-07, 11:04 pm

Yeah, I thought it had been Tolkien, but I just wasn't completely sure. I've tried to block out some of that part of my life.... it had to do with my ex fiance. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mally
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-08, 12:22 am

Actually C.S. Lewis was the atheist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._S._Lewis

(don't really wanna openly talk beliefs as mine are uncommon but I was at one point well on my way to becoming an ordained minister and worked day and night as a manager in a christian retail outlet/bookstore I can/will answer any questions one might have specially for this kinda thing cause I am always tickled pink by random trivia)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-08, 12:30 am

Don't be offended by the Jesus Freak thing (which I doubt you are). My uncle's a minister. It's just.... sometimes people can be very harsh to others when they aren't "believers" as my ex's friends were. They basically convinced him to break up with me at the start of our relationship because I wasn't in their little bible circle and didn't hang on every word they said, and didn't believe things exactly like they did. It was never about my beliefs. It was about them controlling their friends lives.

BUUUUUUUUUUUT enough about me. Didn't Lewis write a book about how he tried to prove the Bible wrong but couldn't? I thought there was a book like that but when I looked through Tolkien's books I didn't see it so I was a bit confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mally
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-08, 12:42 am

Item one I am rarely if ever offended unless you attack my friends and since you are a friend you can do no wrong in my eyes. Plus I am not a "Jesus Freak" and I NEVER push any of my beliefs on another it was given to us to decide for ourselves what we shall and shall not believe so I would never and will never be a pusher of faith on others. i believe those who do are nothing but common street vendors trying to peddal their wears and unworthy of notice unless you want to be beat over the head with a bible.

Item 2 CS Lewis did write many books on apologetics most notably "The Screwtape Letters" and "Mere Christianity" neither are really what you describe though I believe you are reffering to another christian author who wrote "The Case For Christ" Lee Strobel. Unless I am incorrect. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-08, 10:08 am

It's not shocking that CS Lewis was the athiest (didn't know they were roommates!). In my experience, those who are the most averse to Christianity that discover it as their faith become the most educated and well spoken believers.

And Mally, I am in the same boat. I'm not a belief pusher, but will defend my faith (totally different than religion, btw) to the death. Pushing faith/beliefs upon the unwilling is what causes wars. It's one thing to discuss faith. It's totally another to push it.

Side story, my mother-in-law is one of "those" Christians. She can do no wrong and everything you do is wrong. She (randomly) sent my wife a text blasting her that the Twilight series is anti-Christian. Yes, she's that mother-in-law. The sad thing is, she only texted that because she probably got an e-mail from a friend, or heard a discussion on one of her gospel radio stations. She had no idea (she's a retard) that it was anti-Christian until she was TOLD it was. I told my wife that she's the type of person that gives Christians a bad rap.

Sorry to be so long winded. That's my (brief!) mother-in-law story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-08, 2:19 pm

Scott Ware wrote:
And Mally, I am in the same boat. I'm not a belief pusher, but will defend my faith (totally different than religion, btw) to the death. Pushing faith/beliefs upon the unwilling is what causes wars. It's one thing to discuss faith. It's totally another to push it.

Same.
I let people believe what they want to, but I hold my beliefs and don't like it when others tell me they are wrong. (To put it lightly)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-08, 3:11 pm

Mere Christianity was the book I was thinking of, but... I did get it confused with The Case for Christ. Lol My bad.

And the problem with my ex's friends is, they never really asked me what my beliefs were, nor would have have cared to listen (as I interpret the Bible a bit differently than they would have). It was something that my ex actually did. He stopped and listened and didn't judge me for the way I believe it, because he was different too. They were Baptists, he was originally Catholic (then turned non-denominational, basically).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drizzt
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   2010-04-08, 4:59 pm

I know the feeling... I dont push my beliefs on others even though many have pushed theirs on me. I live in Alabama so its hard not to be baptist. Which is part of why i have to hide me being Wiccan.

Tbh, its so bad here in some parts that some dont see Catholocism as being Christian. There are many parts of Catholicism I dont agree with but the Roman Catholics were mainly responsible for the spread of Christianity.

Thats just how i feel. If anyone wants to try to compare religion then pm me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey, im Drizzt   

Back to top Go down

Hey, im Drizzt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top