This is my variation of the Whirling Defense Farmer found on PVXWiki. This still works after they Nerfed the Rit and Ele builds doing this.
It's a Player/Hero Monk build, so that I can be Lazy and have some breathing room in case I miss recharging my enchantments.
This is done in NM. The enemies damage you in HM, so I am experimenting. I will update.
The average is 2 Destroyer Cores per ~5 minute run.
I'll begin with the Builds:
I use a monk with the above skills to give me a couple seconds worth of time in case I don't put up the proper enchantments on time. This rarely happens, but with this build, I don't die too often due to mistakes.
The only skill on the Monk Hero that's really required is Balthazar's Spirit; this is where you'll get your energy to recharge your Enchantments.
- Disable the Enchantments on your Hero Monk; this will prevent them from taking it off of you. We will be applying them manually.
- A one handed weapon with +5 Energy and 20% Enchantment (I've been using a Totem Axe)
- A shield (my shield has a Health +30)
1. First go to the Central Transfer Chamber and equip your weapon and shield.
2. Talk to Consular Brand Chamber to go to Glint's Challenge.
3. Once in, Flag your Monk Hero to be just behind the Baby Dragon.
- Remember to Display your Delver Title
4. Select yourself, and cast your Monk's Enchantments on your Character (In my case all 4 of them: Mending, Balthazar's Spirit, Life Bond & Life Barrier)
5. Once you have your enchantments, position yourself as in the following picture:
6. The Destroyers will kill all of the Dwarves. Once they start to attack the Dwarf to your right, begin activating your Assassin Enchantments in the following Order.
- Deadly Paradox, Shadow Form, Way of Perfection & Way of the Master. Do this one right after the other.
- Don't worry about energy, as soon as the Destroyers start to attack you, your energy will replenish really fast.
Repeat the Activating of all of these Enchantments every time Shadow Form is about to expire. This will allow you to keep them up all the time.
- If you don't keep these up, you die.
7. At around the 3:10 time marker, all of the groups will have been Agro'd. Begin slowly pulling them up the hill between where both groups came in, as shown: (Careful not to lose any, they'll start attacking the Baby Dragon and your Monk)
To about here: (Remembering to keep up your Assassin Enchantments)
The Destroyer groups will converge into 2 big groups. This is what you want.
8. Begin pulling them to the Eastern Area that some of them came in:
They will turn into 1 Big group.
9. Try to Bunch them up as tight as possible, slowly inching to get the rear ones closer to the front ones.
Here's about how tight they should be:
10. Position yourself towards the middle of the group, and get as close as possible. Activate "By Ural's Hammer!" and Whirling Defense together, and you'll begin Damaging Everything.
11. With a little luck, everything will die:
12. Pick up all your drops, then /resign, rinse and repeat.
That's it, Enjoy.