Share | 

My family dog almost died today.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: My family dog almost died today.   2010-07-22, 10:47 pm

My download speeds have been down lately so i called time warner to get a diagnosis. And apparently my dog has been going under my house and chewing on my coax cables that lead to my POP (point of presence) and it only affected it slightly but i was still really pissed off. So timewarner is going to be made to rewire EVERYTHING. Also the tech up'ed my download speeds until they come to rewire my shit. so im hoping that they "forget" the $20 im gonna slip him to "forget" to lower them again..............

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-07-22, 11:33 pm

A rewiring will work wonders. Time Warner rewired my entire house a couple of years ago. Still working good, signals-wise. For all the flack TW gets nationwide for having terrible service, in my area it is really good. They'll come the very next day if they aren't doing planned maintenance or anything of that sort. I've had all sorts of crazy conversations with TW service guys while they were here working. It's a good time, for sure. Smile

Time Warner is getting a call from me on Monday about my "every 5 minutes DC if I actually use 50% or more of my bandwidth" problem. It's actually an area-wide problem - my sister across town has it and my friend who lives in the next town over experiences it too.

I'd love it if they upped my DL speeds to compensate. It's not so much the DC'ing that pisses me off. It's that in a 5-minute window of uptime, you get maybe 3.5-4 minutes of that to actually use because the connection has to stabilize itself. That's not even including the amount of time spent trying to re-establish your download speeds you had already built to.

I've had Roadrunner for 12 years (I remember when we actually had to login to use it, lol), and this is easily the most unstable it has ever been for me.

GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-07-23, 12:37 pm

I thought this was going to be like... a serious story of your dog getting sick, or hit by a car, or something, not the fact you wanna kill your dog for screwing with your net wires. -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-07-23, 12:45 pm

His voice was all choppy on GSC last night while he was trying to talk. Make no mistake about it, Laynie - this is some serious shit.

GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-07-23, 12:49 pm

What's serious is when your dog dies and the vets can't tell you what's wrong. >.>
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-08-26, 11:25 am

old thread... kinda.. but i agree with laynie. but at the same time chewing on wires the dog could of died chewing on the wrong wire too. scarey scarey.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-08-26, 1:48 pm

Make no mistake when i say i litterally HATE my dog. Its so dumb.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-08-26, 9:00 pm

oh i dont think you hate your dog. i get frustrated with mine too. jack just sits there and stares at me like im stupid sometimes when i know darn well he know what i am saying. stubborn little turd. i dont even want to talk about the puppy she make me furious. she definitely knows how to give puppy dog eyes though... so my frustrations quickly fail to exist ... blah di blah ...

if you really hated it you would get rid of it to the pound/shelter... or really kill it. (which is a bad idea, that could lead to jail time.) but back to the subject was really about..

did you get your wires fixed? dont know if the damage was severe enough to lose the net or what but thats a friggen bummer. kinda like my puppy litterally eating my headset. not chewed on it. ATE it. but i just got a new one... yay for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-08-27, 12:25 am

Btw, when I posted in this thread, my dog had just passed away... so yeah, I was a little sensitive to the idea of what was said in this thread. Razz I still miss Libby though. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-08-27, 10:25 am

its not my dog. its my parents. My net speed was terribly reduced due to the cables being messed up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-08-27, 5:06 pm

Well I won't say "it's not my dog, its my parents" because she was a family pet. Lol

And I know that can do it, I've had random crap like that happen before. Actually when we were still using dial-up oh so many years ago, a tree fell on one of the lines and was pinching the line. Our phone was even cutting out, and the phone company wouldn't do anything about it because the tree was on our property and so it was our responsibility to move it off their line, even though it was from a damn storm that it happened. Yeah, needless to say we stopped using their service. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-08-27, 8:15 pm

sorry about your doggy Laynie. :S
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-08-27, 10:41 pm

It's okay. She'll be missed. Sad She was awesome. It honestly just REALLY hurt cause my parents were out of town, in Hawaii actually for my sister's wedding, and I'm the one who found her. Sad I couldn't walk in the door, I sat outside and cried on the phone with Das for 15 minutes. She had followed me around the entire day too, the day before. Did things she never did, like sit beside me while I was at my computer and slept by my bed that night. She freakin' knew. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   2010-08-30, 9:25 pm

Yea had a few pets that did the same thing tore me up for some time. I wasn't there for my kitty she died last year but I know my kitty lived 19 years so she had a good life. I just wish I could have said goodbye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My family dog almost died today.   

Back to top Go down

My family dog almost died today.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top