[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-18, 10:50 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-18, 10:51 am

Awesome or what ? Necro confirmed too xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-18, 10:54 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tshedd31
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-18, 11:02 am

Wow the game play looks pretty awesome. the took me a sec. to figure out that the charr was a char because it was sorta dark and it had glowing hands looked like a mini mallyx type thing to me. and we can jump over shit it looked like no more running around stupid ass fences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-19, 9:54 am

Thoughts from the gameplay video in the first post:

- The map looks fucking HUGE, and I love the effect when you switch from in-game to the map screen. "Pockmark Flats" is now "Pockmark Roughs". (The zone still has the distinct circular shape that it does in GW1, although after the Searing happened you couldn't really call it Pockmark Flats then either.) Considering Pockmark Flats is by Serenity Temple in GW1, it looks like the Dragonbrand went down the heart of the Old Ascalon area.

- Did that Charr guy hit something for an 18,144 dmg critical hit? It also has over 8,000 HP. The damage and health scales are way larger in this game than in GW1.

- I love the new skillbar-area part of the GUI. Looks awesome.

- You can tell the gameplay demo was just thrown together for the show. The AI mobs were just walking around in circles and stuff. Looked like they were there for target practice mostly.

- Firing cannons. (What?) Could be cool, I guess.

- Map travel warping still exists but it costs... something... now. Interesting.

- Combat looks way more fun than in GW1, but we already figured that from the skill videos that have already been released.

- The Charr "catwalk" movement motion looks like it could get irritating quickly. They don't move like that in GW1. They move like normal upright creatures.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2010-08-19, 10:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-19, 10:04 am

God damn I cant wait for this thing to be released.

Go on Youtube and search for Guild Wars 2 and sort by Upload date. There are hundreds more gameplay videos from Gamescom.

TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-19, 10:17 am

Watching the first video in Mio's first post:

"One of my biggest regrets is that I never got a chance to perform in the circus."

LOL.

You get to choose what element you are specialized in as an elementalist? Interesting. Those questions are supposed to dictate how your character's storyline and NPC interactions go or something.

EDIT: Goddess Kormir is one of the "God blessed by while young..." choices. *shakes head in disgust* Fuck you, you blind body-blocking bitch.

Names are still only 19-letters long, and numbers still aren't allowed in them. I'm used to those limitations from GW1 so whatever.

Here's IGN's write-up of their hands-on impressions of the GW2 demo.

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-19, 12:27 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-19, 6:20 pm

The more I know about GW2, the more it looks like WoW + Street Fighter to me. :-(

The graphics is very nice though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kodi Venomspike
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-20, 12:37 pm

Yea from the vids, im not really that impressed. There was a lot of hype and from watching those vids i kinda feel let down a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-20, 10:17 pm

Kodi Venomspike wrote:
Yea from the vids, im not really that impressed. There was a lot of hype and from watching those vids i kinda feel let down a bit.

So you're going to let a dumbed-down demo change your opinion of the game overall? Many of the things "hyped" about weren't even on display in the demo.

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-21, 12:49 am

i agree with kodi a little bit the first trailers they released were fucking awesome these kinda let me down... that being said it is a dumbed down demo beta version of the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-21, 9:50 am

From some of the skills used, it looks like there is still AoE. So if balling still works. I feel SC still possible!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-21, 10:13 am

TideSwayer wrote:
Kodi Venomspike wrote:

So you're going to let a dumbed-down demo change your opinion of the game overall? Many of the things "hyped" about weren't even on display in the demo.

It just means that they wanted to show ppl these things for some reason. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I think the demo was intented to grab the attention of casual MMORPG (e.g. WoW) players, rather than current GW fans'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-21, 10:42 am

Shadow Sin Mg wrote:
From some of the skills used, it looks like there is still AoE. So if balling still works. I feel SC still possible!!!!

We dont need GW2 ruined :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-21, 11:27 am

We dont need PVP in Gw1 but we have it,.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-21, 11:28 am

PvP >^99 SC for real. Just another way to ruin the whole market xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-21, 1:24 pm

and an excessive flow of Zkeys isnt a ruin on the economy? come on be smart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-22, 2:23 am

Shadow Sin Mg wrote:
and an excessive flow of Zkeys isnt a ruin on the economy? come on be smart.

Yup PvE Folks inventing RR day. Just ANOTHER way how PvP ruins the whole market. FYI hope u realise BDS dropped as fuck... Ohwait PvP people kinda thit that Oo Also counts for Emmy blade ( q9 = 50e = lolololol ) and the rest. And zkey ? Its called tournement ( and they fucked up badly afterwards with their system ) PvE people were waiting, humping that Zaishen guy to get their zkeys with their ** observed ** GvG - HB predicitions. ( Btw this has a huge sarcastic meaning )

Yet here I am with ECTOS... Whyyyyyyyyyyyy ya think really ?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-22, 3:55 am

Some minor infos:

http://gamebanshee.com/news/99345-guild-wars-2-gamescom-round-up.html

Quote :
Guild Wars 2 has just been awarded Best Online Game for gamescom 2010!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goddess Of Defense
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-24, 6:50 am

idk what the crying is about the demos impressed me the game looks beautiful and amazing and has so much detail i just don't like the removal of a healing class... cause that usually means support classes are gone out altogether, so i won't be able to play a paragon. :[
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peter
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-24, 6:55 am

Goddess Of Defense wrote:
idk what the crying is about the demos impressed me the game looks beautiful and amazing and has so much detail i just don't like the removal of a healing class... cause that usually means support classes are gone out altogether, so i won't be able to play a paragon. :[

It's beautiful. No doubt about that. I like how the charr moves.

But, I'm with you on the healer/support removal. I hope there'll be GW-specifc features in GW2, like solo-farming builds &c. The 55 monk is a prime example of what other games lack. It's a unique feature of GW.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   2010-08-26, 9:44 am

i already did some comments over at roj forums.. but for those of ya that dont pop over there... i dont think its wow -ish ... (the game, wowfactor yes, but not wow the game.) it does have a feel of other mmos but diablo for the health bubble and the side events quest logs reminds me of fusion fall (yea im sure theres other games that do this but I dont play many MMOs - I know fusion fall is like that because I help my son play that sometimes. the damage number placement on screen i hope to be an option to remove from interface 'cuz i found that super distracting and annoying from the beauty of it all.

anyway.. did ya all see the friggen watermelon patch? that was awesome right? -highfive!- (why do i feel like im getting blank stares and no return love. rotfl!)

Last edited by Grace on 2010-08-26, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fivefive is so not highfive)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]   

Back to top Go down

GW2 Videos [ Character Creation & Gameplay ]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top