Share | 

SMF Vent Status

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: SMF Vent Status   2010-09-01, 4:48 pm

Don't know if it's just me or if this effects everyone, but today (and yesterday I think?) the Vent thing on the portal has broken. Here's a pic:

Is it just me or is it universally messed up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SMF Vent Status   2010-09-01, 4:55 pm

The SMF Vent has been spiked a couple of times in the past week by junior high douchebags, so in response SMF thought it would work to cloak the vent from people being able to see who was online. In turn, it breaks the vent widget. We need to see if they will uncloak the vent server ASAP, as it's not a deterrent for vent spiking at all. People can still go to the Ventrilo.com SMF Alliance Vent Status Page and see how many people are online.

For now, we'll all just have to blindly log on without knowing who is online. Sucks, I know, but that shouldn't be a deterrent for getting on vent by any means.

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: SMF Vent Status   2010-09-01, 5:24 pm

Also, they've changed the password.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: SMF Vent Status   2010-09-02, 4:22 pm

While we're here, I'd like to request that the size of the vent widget be decreased vertically. Being someone who checks the forums really regularly, I like to check the recent posts widget, and it's just a bit bothersome to have to scroll past a huge list of people I don't know on vent to get there. If this isn't an annoyance/problem for anyone else, I dont mind, but it's just something you might want to take into consideration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SMF Vent Status   2010-09-02, 4:37 pm

I made it large so potential new recruits could see just how active the vent server was and get interested in joining us. It's also easier to see the vent server channels better if the widget is taller.

In any case, I'm thinking about going back to the 3-column format for the Portal soon so the recent posts widget may not be underneath it after then. If the vent server doesn't get uncloaked, I'll definitely shrink it until that time comes.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SMF Vent Status   2010-09-03, 9:39 pm

I went into the Server Properties menu for the Vent Server myself and uncloaked the vent. Our Portal Vent Status widget works fine again. Going by the surprise shown when I brought it up in alliance chat earlier tonight (Tammy just thought the SMF Forums' vent widget was "down"), it must've been an accidental setting by somebody trying to rid the server of the junior high vent-spiking douche canoes the other night.

Oh well. Carry on.

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: SMF Vent Status   2010-09-07, 8:27 pm

I can't even get vent to work on this new laptop, POS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SMF Vent Status

View previous topic View next topic Back to top