Share | 

My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank   2010-09-30, 11:12 am

A ways back some of you may remember me always saying hold on gotta feed the fish on vent. Well here is the pictures. Me and my brother both started a reef tank around 5 ½ years ago. Just last year I had to move my tank to my apartment because of college and I combined it with my brothers tank. What a pain in the ass it was to move. I currently have 2x False Percula Clown Fish (friendly/tough fish to start reefing with) that are both 5 years old / 2x crocea clams and assortment of Zoanthus colony polyps. Also tones of liverock covered by the corals. At night, the tank is different scenery (you can see all the little critters, worms, stars, and hundreds more. I had a lot more different coral but most of it died durring the move. A lot of it depends on the tank setup and conditions to grow rarer coral. My setup: 30 gallon, 250 watt HQI lighting, 2x protean skimmers, 2x powerheads, 1x powerfilter and 1x heater. If your thinking of building a tank, build a saltwater tank. Its worth it in the longrun.

Oh yah, that pink stuff on the glass is coralline algae, which means the tank is very healthy.

Front Full

crocea clam

Front View

Side View

Peter
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank   2010-09-30, 11:16 am

Very nice tank!

Some years ago I wanted a tank with sharks. But I moved a lot, so it'll have to wait.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank   2010-09-30, 11:25 am

Peter wrote:
Very nice tank!

Some years ago I wanted a tank with sharks. But I moved a lot, so it'll have to wait.

Thanks

For a shark tank, your gonna need a good size tank. I know exotic saltwater sharks are expensive as hell.

Yah, when you start a tank, just make sure you will be living their for some years. You dont want to be moving a tank every year, especially if its like a 55+ gallon tank.

TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank   2010-09-30, 11:51 am

If you look closely and use your imagination a bit, that huge mass in the tank kind of looks like a human body laying from right to left with bent legs. A really flabby-armed human body. It even has a little lump that could be its head.

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank   2010-09-30, 12:40 pm

Damn Steve! You've just discovered a murder...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Always The Victor
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank   2010-10-01, 3:48 am

Shit bro, looks awesome. And now I know where to place dead bodies(according to Steve). But yeah, it kinda looks like someone in fetal position, if you use(at an extreme level) your imagination. What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank   2010-11-02, 12:32 pm

Wants to express how beautiful the tank is, always loved salt water tanks (life - oceanlife) I know a guy that has a tank thats like 5' all and 6' wide and i cnt remember if it was 4 or 3' deep. just had the plants and a starfish and some ...... sea monkeys!! hahaha (he was prepping when i saw it.)

side note: Reave never denied that was a body. so be very very nice to him. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank   

Back to top Go down

My 5+ Years Old Saltwater Reef Tank

View previous topic View next topic Back to top