[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 5:01 am

I was snooping around on GW2 wiki today and I came across these. Feel free to say whatever you want about them but here is my 2 cents...

Possibly an Assassin, or similar profession?

I would have to say this is the Mesmer.

And the last one, I'm not sure about. The already had a picture of a warrior with his golden looking aura, so this one I'm clueless about. I can't see it being like a paragon because they just don't look alike. Some other kind of hand to hand combat, possibly support based?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 6:24 am

PALADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Oh gooooooooooddddddddddddddd please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 8:22 am

Paladin! That's the name I was looking for but I couldn't think of it. Paladins are BAMF in most other MMO's that have them, and with all that extra Battle Standard and Warhorn skill shit they have been talking about it wouldn't surprise me if this is a super powerful support profession similar to the paragon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 8:22 am

That picture of what I'm hoping is an assassin is just completely badass though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 9:27 am

You just know that Thackeray prick is going to be a Paladin. Seriously, I hope he gets his head clubbed like Rurik did. Maybe a dragon will eat him and plop out little Logan shits across the landscape.

We can only hope.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2010-10-05, 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 10:04 am

/cross fingers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 10:10 am

I fucking love paladins. Heavily armored healers? Yayyy (except there's no healers in GW2.. wtf..) Also good at DPS and Tanking? Woot for Paladins.
Hybrid classes ftw
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 2:22 pm

Oh God, Steve, your picture made my day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blood
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 3:24 pm

Steve I have to agree with you! One can only hope that he gets owned in the same fashion as Rurik, god that guy was a tool too. I hope that there is both an "Assassin/Rogue" class and that they bring the Mesmer back. A paladin will be sick, but I will be sad to see the monk go by the wayside. =[
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misty
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 3:43 pm

those are awesome... but I think the first one might be a ranger?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 5:12 pm

Misty wrote:
those are awesome... but I think the first one might be a ranger?

hmm.. the clothes resemble ranger armor, but daggers? Perhaps they are combining the 2 professions? it would make sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 7:30 pm

TideSwayer wrote:
You just know that Thackeray prick is going to be a Paladin. Seriously, I hope he gets his head clubbed like Rurik did. Maybe a dragon will eat him and plop out little Logan shits across the landscape.

We can only hope.

I love you for this comment.
I love you MORE for ur profile picture!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raiden_Kyo
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-05, 10:06 pm

I sure hope there is gonna be an Assassin profession, or i'm gonna be pissed. The 3rd image looks like a cleric, or maybe a paladin as everyone says Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-06, 8:28 am

The only reason I don't think the first one is a ranger is because the ranger pic has that greenish tint to it, just like the ele has the blue, the warrior has the gold, the necro has the dark green/black, but this one is black, which leads me to believe it's a sin or equivalent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-06, 10:02 am

As I wrote in another thread, IMO if there weren't going to be Sins in GW2, ANet most likely would've destroyed Shadow Form back in February when they had the chance (and what everyone quite frankly expected). They wanted to keep the class relevant going into GW2. GW2's combo-based skillbar really plays into the hand of what GW1 sins are all about so I think they'll fit right in, especially with the solo-oriented gameplay mechanics that GW2 is being aimed for.

Keep in mind there will be 8 professions and there isn't a "monk" class. With ten professions in GW1 that means for GW2 either one more class is definitely out or more classes are out and there will be an entirely new class or two.

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-06, 12:36 pm

I'm guessing they will either re-name or just completely redo the 4 professions from the expansions. Maybe the assassin will be a rogue?
Maybe instead of a rit there will just be a spirit based character?
Instead of a paragon there's the paladin?
Dervish better not be replaced because it's the best class ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-06, 12:48 pm

For GW2 expansions they shouldn't add any new classes after the initial 8. Just add extra attribute lines to give existing classes some variety. That's probably what they should've done for GW1 as well instead of adding Rit, Sin, Derv, and Para with fewer and fewer skills.

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-06, 12:53 pm

Yeah, I guess that's actually pretty smart. As long as 1 out of the 8 is a dervish lol.

Actually, I don't care. I'm going to love one character for awhile, then I'll switch to another one then another one lol. Then switch from profession of one race to that same profession in another race. It's going to be tough deciding at first. I just hope they release more information on race-only skills/traits/what not before the actual release/beta release. I don't want to have to make those decisions when the game actually comes out. I want every character slot planned so the second it comes out I'll be ready to fill up all my slots lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Misty
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-06, 8:34 pm

Dev wrote:
Yeah, I guess that's actually pretty smart. As long as 1 out of the 8 is a dervish lol.

Actually, I don't care. I'm going to love one character for awhile, then I'll switch to another one then another one lol. Then switch from profession of one race to that same profession in another race. It's going to be tough deciding at first. I just hope they release more information on race-only skills/traits/what not before the actual release/beta release. I don't want to have to make those decisions when the game actually comes out. I want every character slot planned so the second it comes out I'll be ready to fill up all my slots lol.

hahaha, totally... same here. I thought there were only 6 profs in GW2 though - where'd you read 8?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-07, 12:19 am

Don't remember where I read it, but I know 8 is the confirmed number. Plus, if you look at the profession picture on GuildWars2.com, there are definitely 8 people standing together, but only 4 have been revealed completely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bryce Goes Female
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   2010-10-09, 6:34 am

Link Of The Desert wrote:
PALADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Oh gooooooooooddddddddddddddd please.

I was honestly hoping they would introduce a paladin class to GW2.

I would play the shit out of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)   

Back to top Go down

[Guild Wars 2 Wiki] Profession Pictures (NEW?)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top