Share | 

TinyPic error

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 6:59 pm

For some reason almost every image I am seeing says "tinypic - This image or video has been moved or deleted" I'm seeing it everywehre on the forums idk if anyone else is too. Is tinypic having problems right now or is it our end?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakeparthenay
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 7:05 pm

ya, im having the very same problem. i think that images expire after being uploaded for so long. but i never use tiny pic, i use image shack... wonder if that will have the same problem later as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 7:19 pm

yeah but that's too many to have been uploaded at the same exact time i think. there are so many that ive come across now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakeparthenay
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 7:29 pm

true true... but a lot of it is buttons on the poertal, and the heading at the top of the page. its all things that were updated at the same time? or tiny pic licks moose knuckle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 7:48 pm

god damn, this is gonna suck to re upload. Gonna upload to http://imgur.com/

blakeparthenay
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 8:13 pm

ya, thats what i was thinking, feel sorry for you and steve lol.

Daaammnnn Dev, im liking that sig :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dev
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 8:38 pm

damn that sucks

and blake IK RIGHT!
i like to post random stuff just to see it now haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakeparthenay
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 8:51 pm

hahaha, good stuff. it looks sick!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 8:54 pm

Uploaded all the images I have and put the default no image navbar on. We have to wait for Steve to get back and upload the rest of the buttons.

blakeparthenay
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 9:14 pm

mmkay, so whats the future plan? upload somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 9:24 pm

im gonna stick with imgur. I was a lot easier uploading the files and it seems stable and quick. I was able to upload all the images at once and get the url for them, then copy paste. With tinypic every file has to be uploaded 1 by 1.

blakeparthenay
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 9:26 pm

ohhh okay, ill try that one out some time then. wasnt there a post a while back that said something about this happening?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 9:51 pm

With that TinyPic news snippet a few weeks ago I figured at the very least they were going to limit their long-term bandwidth for images. It's either that or a server of theirs crashed and it just so happened to be one that had a lot of our stuff on it. Either way, I think it's time to make the move to imgur. I don't want to wait around, even a day, for the TinyPic server issues to be fixed.

I'll get to work uploading the rest of the buttons. I'll also take a note of which graphics haven't been uploaded to Behind The Scenes as well and get them up there ASAP.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 11:11 pm

Apparently, I'm at least part of the cause of the issue. TinyPic tells me that my "IP Address has been banned for violating their terms of use". Uh, alright. Rolling Eyes I did no such thing. The only thing I'm guilty of is USING their service, not abusing it. Most likely, they are now trying to knock off those who have used their service the most in an effort to cut costs since they have since backed off on the regional banning stance of a few weeks ago. I wouldn't doubt I have been a bandwidth hit on them. Our forums are popular as hell and get a TON of random daily views, even from guests.

Fuck off TinyPic. And I swear, if someone reported me to them for something that wasn't intended at all, there will be hell to pay to said person.

EDIT: And now for some reason Imgur isn't loading for me. Wonderful. Didn't even finish uploading all of the images yet.

EDIT2: Imgur is working for me once again. Fuck Off TinyPic: The Sequel.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2010-10-18, 2:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-17, 11:52 pm

What a fucking hassle... over NOTHING. I can't even imagine how many image-laden threads of mine around these forums are now TP-fucked and have to be reworked. The recruitment ad, for instance, has text string header graphics. Our contest threads have logo banners and winners images that are probably now defunct.

Fucking christ. Evil or Very Mad

Most/all of the forums-specific images are back up though, so at least that's good. I'm still having occasional Imgur loading problems with the site itself, so uploading the rest of what I need to do is taking more time than expected. This tells me that a bunch of people were affected by this TinyPic thing today (ie. a server crash and/or mass purging took place) and many people are now flooding the Imgur servers to get their stuff back up. Hopefully this is settled and back to normal in a day or two.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-18, 6:54 am

I see random pics that everyone has uploaded with the TinyPic error. It doesn't seem to be just me whose uploads were affected. I wonder just what the hell is going on. For example, Reave, I see that your GWAMM Gallery pic is down. Time to make another. Smile

I also noticed TinyPic images that were up and fine last night down all of a sudden this morning. What the hell is going on? I wonder if our particular forum got flagged for something?

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2010-10-18, 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-18, 6:59 am

ALL of our Gemstones Rank Images are on TinyPic, which means they'll most likely be going down at some point soon as well. Holy hell. That's going to be ANNOYING to re-upload.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-18, 7:07 am

TideSwayer wrote:
I see random pics that everyone has uploaded with the TinyPic error. It doesn't seem to be just me whose uploads were affected. I wonder just what the hell is going on. For example, Reave, I see that your GWAMM Gallery pic is down. Time to make another. Smile

I also noticed TinyPic images that were up and fine last night down all of a sudden this morning. What the hell is going on? I wonder if our particular forum got flagged for something?

Good thing for the Behinds the Scene section. Some of the files I lost, but I was able to retrieve them because of the backup upload.

Ill have to take another screenshot in game for the GWAMM pic. I have no backup of it. No worries. I can make it fancy this time.

I noticed my signature is gone to and it was working fine yesterday. After school im gonna have to sift through threads that I posted pictures on and re upload, even if it loads fine.

Why Tinypic, Why. Crying or Very sad

EDIT: Agree Steve, the tormented rank images is gonna be a bitch to upload.

TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-18, 7:23 am

You know, if the popularity and subsequent bandwidth usage of our forums is to blame for this, we might have to consider turning off guest viewing access to most of the forums. We'll wait and see how this Imgur movement turns out before doing anything drastic like that though.

Another suggestion would be to use our forums' upload space for the theme-specific images. The 20MB we are allotted should be more than sufficient for that stuff, I would wager.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   2010-10-18, 9:49 am

TideSwayer wrote:
Another suggestion would be to use our forums' upload space for the theme-specific images. The 20MB we are allotted should be more than sufficient for that stuff, I would wager.

Good thinking. Found this in the admin panel, MISC tab. Not sure if you can see this. Its defaulted to my email, but I can change it to yours when my 20mb is full or whenever.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TinyPic error   

Back to top Go down

TinyPic error

View previous topic View next topic Back to top