[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)   2011-01-16, 5:12 am

Apparently, the URL to these forums is now ectos.darkbb.info instead of our original, more-familiar, ectos.darkbb .com.

For some reason, Forumotion changed the domain over during the course of the night. Weird, as we've had that other one for almost two years now. What's weirder is that Forumotion is actually filtering the .com address to .info automatically even when you type it in posts. (This is why I put a space in there.) To be honest, ectos.darkbb.info doesn't have quite the same ring to it that ectos.darkbb .com did, but oh well. Just something else to get used to.

Now to get to changing any ectos.darkbb .com links lying around to ectos.darkbb.info...

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2011-01-20, 10:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)   2011-01-16, 6:53 am

RoJ's forums URL also got changed as well:

Their new url is http://rojguild.darkbb.info/

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)   2011-01-16, 12:08 pm

I'm fucking pissed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)   2011-01-16, 4:13 pm

One of the GM's over at forumotion got a response from one of the forumotion officials.

Quote :
Hello,

There is a problem with the domain name darkbb.com which can become temporary unavailable.

Our registrar GoDaddy can’t solve it quickly.

To prevent any downtime, we have temporary transferred all the forums from darkbb.com to darkbb.info

Exemple:
http://myforum.darkbb.com is now available to this url : http://myforum.darkbb.info

When the domain darkbb.com will be available again, we will transfer back the forums to their first url (darkbb.info -> darkbb.com)

Don't waste your time yet. I would wait and see if this stuff gets resolved first.

TideSwayer wrote:
Now to get to changing any ectos.darkbb .com links lying around to ectos.darkbb.info...

TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)   2011-01-16, 7:58 pm

Ah, so it's a technical issue. I went to Forumotion's Support forum this morning and couldn't find any info on it. To be honest, I've been seeing an awful lot of .info URLs around the web lately so I just figured Forumotion was following suit.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)   2011-01-18, 5:06 pm

This was posted yesterday in the Forumotion Support Forum thread pertaining to this issue:

Typlo on January 17th 2011, 10:56 am wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for this inconvenience, Godaddy blocked our domain name without any notice.
We are trying right now to retrieve this domain name.

Best.

Needless to say, I hope there's a resolution to this one way or the other within the next couple of days.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)   2011-01-20, 10:40 am

Hey, would ya look at that? We got our ectos.darkbb.com back! Smile

PostSubject: Re: Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)   

Back to top Go down

Apparently, this forums URL *was* ectos.darkbb.info (NOW FIXED)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top