God damnnnnnnnnn WWHEN IS THIS COMMING OUT

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/gdc-2011-demo-cam-new-t13875.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   2011-03-03, 8:12 am

I'm going to make a Sylvari Thief for the simple reason that it sure as hell doesn't sound like a fitting combination, lol. Razz

Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   2011-03-03, 9:52 am

This is the profession I've been waiting for!! Not because of OMGLOLWINDOUBLEPISTOLSYEAAAA!!1 But because I love the stealthiest classes and gamestyles in games... andddd those pistols look fun. :3

The concept of stealing weapons from foes and using it against them (e.g. In one of those videos, the Thief steals feathers from the moa and blinds it) makes me instantly think of Blue Magic from Final Fantasy.

TideSwayer wrote:
I'm going to make a Sylvari Thief for the simple reason that it sure as hell doesn't sound like a fitting combination, lol. Razz

I agree with you. The sylvari are a naive race, and though that doesn't make them innocent, I'm struggling to imagine the thief fitting in a race that is described as...

Quote :
Sylvari are usually honest, direct and focused and take most things at face value.

Quote :
Sylvari morality and ethics are based on those of the Pale Tree...
...which was based on Ventari and Ronan's disposition of peace and harmony. But I think the profession's name refers more to their ability to steal from foes rather than a moral or lifestyle choice, which would make more sense for every race IMO.

I still plan on making a Sylvari Thief too though (and a Sylvari Mesmer), because it'll probably be my favourite race and my favourite profession.

I still stand by the opinion (and hope) that every profession will feel fitting for every race at release, so I am going to wait for more info on Thieves. I'm okay with the name, but I've seen many people on GW2G state they are not a fan of it.

Looking forward to the official announcement and finding about more about their skillsets. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blood
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   2011-03-03, 1:38 pm

I'm with you on that Zephy! =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brother_Zi
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   2011-03-04, 8:49 am

Eurgh a theif! Next....

Sorry I don't like theif proffesions, but I might give this one a go because I'll be going in with an open mind and also it's a new game.
I've played WOW and it looks very similar to the rouge they have, but then again GW2 looks like it's going along the same lines as WOW. Which is what I'd hoped it didn't do. To late now..

I agree with Steve in making Proffesions with races that don't sound fitting Razz
That's why I plan on being an Asuran Guardian xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Always The Victor
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   2011-03-05, 4:30 am

TideSwayer wrote:

Nigga please! You just saying that cause I said the exact same thing about my upcoming Asuran ranger. Though it feels good to know I influenced a decision in your GW life. Hahaha

Anyways, this new reveal just made me realize that instead of buying 2 accounts, I'll just buy character slots to have all 8 professions. Although of course if I had the money to spend I could just do both. XD Oh greedy me, how I hate you. Twisted Evil

And although this is completely irrelevant to the post, I just wanted to say, I FUCKING LOVE THE NORN!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   2011-03-05, 5:18 am

Always The Victor wrote:
TideSwayer wrote:

Nigga please! You just saying that cause I said the exact same thing about my upcoming Asuran ranger. Though it feels good to know I influenced a decision in your GW life. Hahaha

Anyways, this new reveal just made me realize that instead of buying 2 accounts, I'll just buy character slots to have all 8 professions. Although of course if I had the money to spend I could just do both. XD Oh greedy me, how I hate you. Twisted Evil

And although this is completely irrelevant to the post, I just wanted to say, I FUCKING LOVE THE NORN!

Asuran Ranger? I hope you have some extra money left over to buy a telephone book to stand on so you can hit tall targets. Razz

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   2011-03-07, 2:38 pm

Random theif gameplay:

With a Bow

Spoiler:

With Swords

Spoiler:

With Daggers

Spoiler:

With Guns

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tshedd31
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   2011-03-07, 2:41 pm

Came across these during lunch at school. One of the first things I noticed that I hadn't before is it looks like theres a different "energy system" one the left shown with stars I think is actually called energy and on the right is blue and looks like Mana. The dagger game play looks pretty beastly, and that big ass tree in the swords video is pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaubyFizz
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   2011-03-08, 12:33 am

guild wars is tht light at the end of the long dark gw1 tunnel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Profession at DEMO: THIEF!   Today at 5:27 am

Back to top Go down