Share | 

Winds Of Change [Now With: Panda Bear Charming]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Winds Of Change [Now With: Panda Bear Charming]   2012-02-10, 9:09 am

Oh, what the fuck?! Evil or Very Mad If you beat WoC in HM you get Zei Ri as a Rit hero. Goddamnit. Now I'm going to have to subject myself to the sadism that is WoC HM just to get that guy. Hopefully this part of the Update Notes...

Quote :
*Rebalanced several existing Winds of Change quests and explorable areas.

...isn't bullshittin'. I think I'm still at Minister Cho's Estate HM. I haven't gone back to HM since Mike over-aggroed the last mob in the entire quest and party-wiped us back during the original release period. Too annoyed at small-party HM content to go revisit... until now.

Anyways, last night I finished up Part 2 and played all the way through Part 3 to WoC completion. (It really isn't all that long.) I actually enjoyed the Part 3 quests. Using the firebombs on mobs (and also as firebomb traps) during the 'Raid On Shing Jea Monastery' quest might have been some of the most fun I've had in this game in quite a long time. By the end of WoC, I think I started to enjoy it a bit more, probably because Parts 2 and 3 were shorter in length. Part 1 was just too damn long for my liking. I ended up playing Guild Wars for over 5 hours straight last night. I can't remember the last time I played that long in one span.

I haven't turned in any of my rewards yet as I can't decide if I want anything.

Oh yeah... During one of the later quests in Part 2 I had a mob drop for me the green item The People's Will. It's a wand using the fan skin. (wiki page for it here)

GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Winds Of Change [Now With: Panda Bear Charming]   2012-02-15, 4:32 pm

I thought they weren't allowed to use the Panda as a pet because in China you cannot depict any endangered animals dying, even in a game...

That's what I had read as the reason, which is why they turned it into a mini instead...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Winds Of Change [Now With: Panda Bear Charming]   2012-02-15, 9:04 pm

amaretto creme wrote:
I thought they weren't allowed to use the Panda as a pet because in China you cannot depict any endangered animals dying, even in a game...

That's what I had read as the reason, which is why they turned it into a mini instead...

I don't think Guild Wars no longer has any servers in China. Regardless, fuck China. I'm sick of modern society always having to cater to the lowest common denominator for fear of being too insensitive or what-the-fuck-ever. It's complete bullshit. The onus should be on those weaker-willed individuals to step up their game to the point where they can grin & bear things they don't completely agree with (or simply ignore them) instead of forcing everyone else's enjoyment to be ruined. That is the way towards a better humanity, not pussifying everything outside one's own realm of acceptance.

You don't see America bitching about eagles being a pet in GW, do you? Granted, eagles are on their way off of the endangered list (if they aren't already), but still. In America if something exists, a group also exists somewhere to bitch about it. I swear, we could have a fucking utopia in this country and there would still be anti-activists on the picket line. Nobody's bitching about the eagle GW pet though.

GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Winds Of Change [Now With: Panda Bear Charming]   2012-02-15, 10:45 pm

Yeah, it kinda sucked, but they wouldn't have been able to sell the game in China if they kept it in originally, I guess. So oh well. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Winds Of Change [Now With: Panda Bear Charming]   2012-02-15, 11:49 pm

One of the dumbest things about WoC is all of the hidden dialogues in random outposts, explorable zones, even differences from NM to HM. For example, I guess in the HM version of Raid On Shing Jea Monastery, Cynn shows up and eventually coerces Mhenlo into asking her to marry him or something. Guess we'll be seeing that somewhere down the line.

I can understand the desire to make WoC seem more expansive than it actually is by only having certain sections available with certain configurations, but it is still a pretty messy way of doing things, IMO.

Reading Guru, apparently plans have long since been drawn-up for GW:Beyond Elona content, but there simply isn't enough time and/or resources at the GW1 Live Team's disposal to actually implement it. Jesus Christ. This game is sooooooooooooo dead developmental-wise. Sad to see. GW2 better be worth all of this negligence on ANet's part because IMO GW1 (even still) is worth more attention than this.

PostSubject: Re: Winds Of Change [Now With: Panda Bear Charming]   

Back to top Go down

Winds Of Change [Now With: Panda Bear Charming]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top