[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[TeamLegacy.net] Interview w Braeden Shosa [Account Char Slots # & More]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: [TeamLegacy.net] Interview w Braeden Shosa [Account Char Slots # & More]   2011-08-21, 8:38 am

Mainly posting this because the official word on the default account character slots is out, but there is a few more tidbits of info to be gained from this interview as well:

http://teamlegacy.net/page/index.html/_/gw2/interview-with-braeden-shosa-gamescom-r46

Quote :
While running around the many events at Gamescom, we got the chance to have a passing interview with one of the programmers at ArenaNet, Braeden Shosa.

When we sent out our community members, we sent them with the questions we wanted to know, that we didn't think that other media interviews would ask, mainly aimed specifically towards guilds and pvp specifics. While we were not able to do a full interview (if you were there, you'd understand), we got some of the juicy ones answered.

We will be posting the video Yue took a bit later.

On to the questions:

Will there be a chance for guild beta entries?
Not at the moment.

Whats is the maximum number of people in a guild?
At the moment there is no hard limit, but if ever decide to create a limit, it will be larger than the GW1 limit.

Will guild progression, such as guild leveling, be in the game?
It probably will be, you will hear more details as we work on it.

What will be the max number of characters on an account?
5 character slots will be available but as with guild wars you will be able to buy more slots.

Will you be able to change your characters appearance later in the game or is it set?
There will definitely be makeover kits in the store like with guildwars.

Will there be a dedicated website like WoW armory to view your character and guild stats?
Most likely, but that will be sometime after launch. We will reveal those details as we work on them.

Will we be allowed to stream games from a spectator view in game?
For now they are focusing on the core game and mechanics. They will be thinking/talking about this later.

How often do you plan on patching the game due to balance issues?
PVP and PVE skills are separated from the start, so less often than Guild Wars 1.

Thanks to Yue and Aethlin for taking their time away from the booths to ask these questions Smile They also have some video footage they will be sharing soon, so that should be fun to watch.

So there it is: by default, accounts will have 5 character slots with extras sold at the in-game store. One slot for each race but not for each profession. Looks like I'll be buying extra character slots (as I expected to, so it's not a letdown by any means).

I also like that there is no hard limit for GW2 guild rosters currently, and that there will be at the very least a higher max limit than GW1. Hopefully the friends list/ignore list follows suit. Smile

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2011-08-21, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: [TeamLegacy.net] Interview w Braeden Shosa [Account Char Slots # & More]   2011-08-21, 10:50 am

Awesome! 5 Slots !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [TeamLegacy.net] Interview w Braeden Shosa [Account Char Slots # & More]   2011-08-21, 1:50 pm

Mio wrote:
Awesome! 5 Slots !

I was only expecting 4 (like GW: Prophecies originally came with) so, yeah, it is a nice surprise.

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: [TeamLegacy.net] Interview w Braeden Shosa [Account Char Slots # & More]   2011-08-21, 2:14 pm

Prolly gonna use it for 1 race / slot. Might buy 3 extra immediately just so I can make each proff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [TeamLegacy.net] Interview w Braeden Shosa [Account Char Slots # & More]   2011-08-21, 2:56 pm

Hold your hekets, Mio:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/showpost.php?p=872614&postcount=66

St├ęphane Lo Presti wrote:
A quick clarification:

We have not yet finalized the number of character slots that will be available on release of GW2. This is something we'll reveal when we get closer to the final release of the game after our BETA process has been completed.

Pretty obvious that they had the above dude drop the '5 slot' number to gauge public reaction. (After all, that's what demo'ing the game off at these shows is mostly for anyways.) I still wouldn't be surprised if 5 is how many slots we end up with. Certainly no less than that by default.

Hopefully there's a release-day sale on new character slots. I don't want to have to spend $10 a pop right off the bat (but I will if I have to).

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: [TeamLegacy.net] Interview w Braeden Shosa [Account Char Slots # & More]   2011-08-21, 5:46 pm

I was pondering about a second account, but in the end, I'll just buy character slots to get 1 of each prof. So the more free character slots we get with the game, the better for my pocket. But in the end, it will be much better for them to give us 4 character slots and make a much bigger profit from selling character slots. Everybody wants to try each race, and though it wouldn't be convenient for my pocket, I'm willing to buy 4 slots.

On another note, character customization is just how I hoped it was. Now we actually get a chance to look different from everyone else. Plus, the number of faces/hair/body style/etc., will most likely be doubled when the game comes out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TeamLegacy.net] Interview w Braeden Shosa [Account Char Slots # & More]   

Back to top Go down

[TeamLegacy.net] Interview w Braeden Shosa [Account Char Slots # & More]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top