View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-09, 10:41 pm

Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return
When Power Fails, ANet Doesn't

Due to the freak Northeast snowstorm causing major longstanding power outages which may have hindered peoples' ability to attend the Halloween finales and collect their Halloween festival hats, ANet has decided to bring back a Halloween hat giver temporarily to alleviate this issue:

Here is the official word, as posted in this Guru thread:

Stéphane Lo Presti wrote:
Hi everyone,

Given the feedback we've received from players about Halloween Festival Hats (notably from those unable to get them due to general power failures), we've decided to offer another opportunity to get the hats. We're aiming to spawn a Halloween Festival Hat Giver in game next week, probably in Lion's Arch and Kamadan, for a week and asking for Halloween items. These details are not final yet but we wanted to give you a heads up and will keep you informed about the details as we get them.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-10, 7:16 am

Hell yeah. I always log in to get the hats from the festivals. But with the loss of power I couldn't.

TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-10, 7:19 am

Reave wrote:
Hell yeah. I always log in to get the hats from the festivals. But with the loss of power I couldn't.

At the time I was going to ask you if you needed me to get your hats for you, but 1.) in all of the skele-farming madness, it slipped my mind, and 2.) I didn't know whether or not you cared enough about the hats anyways to stay up to date with them.

The best thing about the finales was getting a 100 ToT bag bonus for doing all of the Mad King /emotes right. Something new they added in this year. Smile

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-10, 7:28 am

TideSwayer wrote:
At the time I was going to ask you if you needed me to get your hats for you
If it happens again, I'll send you a PM. I wish I thought of that when the power was out.

TideSwayer wrote:
The best thing about the finales was getting a 100 ToT bag bonus for doing all of the Mad King /emotes right. Something new they added in this year. Smile

Nice. I wish I could have seen/participated in that. Maybe there might be something new for Wintersday.

TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-16, 10:43 pm

Just saw this on Guru:

Quote :
Halloween Hats Encore!

"This past Halloween, many Guild Wars players on the East Coast of the USA were unable to participate in the big holiday finale and missed out on this year’s festival hats. To address the situation, two Halloween Hat NPCs will appear in-game from Nov 17 through Nov 24. Find Aahtan in Kamadan or Erulis in Lion's Arch to exchange Halloween items for this year's hats!"[/color]

GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-17, 3:33 am

Can I give them BACK to the hat giver? Do. Not. Want. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrseasonsaltz
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-17, 1:30 pm

I agree 10 gold is too much to pay for these. Then again I do want to make a gay pirate mesmer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-17, 5:44 pm

Hahahahahahaha this is ridiculous. 50 Candy Corn for a Tricorne and 50 Pumpkin Cookies for a Reaper's Hood. Actually laughing myself to death over how dumb that is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-17, 5:57 pm

i wish they would allow for those who missed ANY holiday event to purchase past hats or masks, becouse the witch one I missed the skull mask also I would love.( I dont care if its a real money situation either)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-17, 7:47 pm

usranger1 wrote:
i wish they would allow for those who missed ANY holiday event to purchase past hats or masks, becouse the witch one I missed the skull mask also I would love.( I dont care if its a real money situation either)

You would think at the very least a hat pack or something of that sort would be available in the in-game store. I mean, shit. You can buy just the Fire Imp summoning stone there for $5 if you want it bad enough. I'd definitely put in some $$$ to get all of the old hats on my 2nd account. ANet supposedly wants to preserve the sanctity of 'being there at the time' or some shit, but I say that's malarchy. ANet themselves have sacrficed the sanctity of this game long ago.

With ANet's creativity and resources at an all-time low, they have been scrounging around for any and all already-existing resources to make available to the player. Lots of old skins are now available (and the envoy stuff too was originally only NPC wares). There simply is no logic anymore in refusing to put old festival hats - and hell, maybe even old birthday minis - at the Zaishen coin trader. Give players something else to grind for and they will stick around.

Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-18, 1:51 pm

I like the mini idea, that would interest most of those who still play. Maybe a quest line with end reward for a high-end mini
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   2011-11-18, 8:06 pm

usranger1 wrote:
I like the mini idea, that would interest most of those who still play. Maybe a quest line with end reward for a high-end mini

I think it would be awesome if there was a really rare chance of a rare mini drop no matter what you killed in the world, at any time, doing anything. Very small (way more minute than even the Polar Bear drop), but at least some kind of chance that you could get something great for doing something mundane. It would also reward the people who go out and do spend a lot of their time doing random stuff in the world (read: not the SC players who run past everything).

Rare minis are still valuable but nowhere near as much as they used to be since there is no special benefit for them in the HoM compared to a regular mini. These days they have been reduced to bragging rights and show & tell, mostly. Frankly, I have stopped giving a shit about them long ago. (Now I just hope that I can get an Island Guardian or a Kanaxai everlasting tonic someday. That would be awesome.)

PostSubject: Re: Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return   

Back to top Go down

Halloween Festival Hat Giver To Return

View previous topic View next topic Back to top