Share | 

GW2 guild plans?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blakeparthenay
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: GW2 guild plans?   2012-02-26, 2:25 am

So what are some plans if there are any at all for the "guild's" presence in GW2?

cuz i found a banner lol... VVV

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 guild plans?   2012-02-26, 3:01 am

blakeparthenay wrote:
So what are some plans if there are any at all for the "guild's" presence in GW2?

Do you want the sitcom, Tyler Perry's House Of Ectos, "everything's gonna be alright because this is a new episode" answer or do you want the cold-hard truth? I think we should start there before making housing and dinner arrangements. Long story short - I'm willing to put the time, effort, and resources in. Who the fuck else is? I mean, I would love to make a guild for GW2 and base it here, but it will take more than Steve and a snapping of the fingers to make it happen - and moreso, to live up to the lofty expectations (and met potential) for said GW2 guild.

I learned my lesson with our GW1 endeavor. With GW2's enhanced guild system I refuse to slave away for something that amounts to little more than others' part-time affair or side guild.

There's still plenty of time before we have to get down & dirty to plan something fruitful. I think delving deep into talk about such things before an official GW2 release date is announced, which should come sometime over the next few months, is premature. Most people aren't ready to slip into 'GW2 mode' just yet. Once that time comes, however, the point I raised above is Item #1 on the goddamn agenda of a long list of things we'll need to get together and address BEFOREHAND, not after the fact.

...And this is assuming there is even enough interest on the whole to have a guild of our own come GW2.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2012-02-26, 10:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrseasonsaltz
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 guild plans?   2012-02-26, 4:12 am

I think it all comes down to how many people decide to come back/stick around. I still don't know how the guild system will work in gw2 so it's kinda hard to say what benefits you have for being in one guild as opposed to another. I have a feeling it will come down to a group of people playing together just to lvl up etc and if the group gets large enough we'll remake the guild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 guild plans?   2012-02-26, 4:29 am

mrseasonsaltz wrote:
I still don't know how the guild system will work in gw2 so it's kinda hard to say what benefits you have for being in one guild as opposed to another.

Dude, I'm not just sensationalizing when I say "GW2's enhanced guild system". I mean it. Smile

Here are some highlights:

*Accounts can belong to multiple guilds at the same time. (No idea on a limit, if one exists.) You choose which guild you want to 'represent' when you log in for that login span. This is a game-changer, IMO. Really encourages the creation/assimilation of gimmick-style guilds in addition to "jack of all trades" guilds. Regardless of this, I would still like any community guild here to be a 'main squeeze' type of guild, not an afterthought.

*No idea on roster size limits for guilds, but the ANet guild during Press Beta was at 128 members, so it's at least higher than GW1's guild size.

*Custom guild ranks, with customizable guild permissions per rank. (IE. No more simplistic "Leader + Officers + Members" format)

*Guild storage and guild bank (and you can set permissions for specific guild ranks with regards to withdrawals/deposits)

*Guild influence, which appears to be a measurement of how much your guild members interact together in-game and other factors. No idea what this fully entails but it's all over the place on the guild menus.

*Guild upgrades and bonuses that you can buy into for extra guild solidarity. (More than just GW1's 'traders' upgrades. Buffs, etc. You can even throw a booze party to raise guild influence if you have enough cash to do so!)

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2012-02-27, 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 guild plans?   2012-02-26, 7:28 am

^^ I posted a thread in the GW2 sub-forum with the Curse GW2 Guild System Press Beta video where I obtained all of the above information:

GW2 Guild System And Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]

I meant to do this at the time of the original posting but I couldn't find the damn video link in my bookmarks.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2012-02-26, 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 guild plans?   2012-02-26, 8:50 am

Basically Blake, to answer your original question, nothing is set in stone as of yet but we are nowhere near the point of no-return. Don't mistake lack of discussion for lack of interest. Right now everyone is off doing their own thing (GW or otherwise) so there's not a whole hell of a lot of unity to be found. I'm certainly down for making a GW2 guild if (enough) others are committed, and that is certainly my first choice, but that is something to be determined as release day draws closer. If not, then I'm sure some of us will stick together in some capacity, somewhere. The most important thing is for interested parties to stay in touch so we can keep all of our options open.

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 guild plans?   2012-02-26, 11:28 am

I understand. I was just on a GW2 binge last night and was watching/reading all sorts of stuff. Then i happened to run across that picture and it sparked an idea for a banner Razz

That motive aside, i can say RIGHT now, that i am and will be down for an old reunion guild come GW2. Now I'm not saying that its going to stay this way, the reunion-type guild, because we as players will obviously grow, some together, and some apart.

But i can promise you this, i MISS the feeling that i had when i was 6 months into the guild that summer i joined... IMO, the community could not have been stronger, closer or more game oriented--at least since I've been in [ectos].

However Steve, you are right, its still quite early for such ambitions, but i wont set them aside because of timing, and I'm hoping they stay strong until and through release of GW2.

And even if we don't get a "Guild" running for us to play in, i hope to at least game with you all anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 guild plans?   2012-02-27, 9:17 am

I pretty much agree with everything you said, Blake. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW2 guild plans?   

Back to top Go down