[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-26, 7:25 am

Guild Wars 2 - Guilds and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi6GAbVATOA

Playback tips:
To be honest, you are better off watching the video at 480p or higher so you can actually read all of the text in the menus. Otherwise, it will be too hard to make out what exactly is going on. For those who don't know how to do this, mouse-over the video, click the gear icon on the lower right, select '480p', '720p', or '1080p', then hit the full-screen button on the lower right. If full-screen is too blurry, then click the link to go to the actual YouTube page for the video and watch @ 480p or higher with the 'Large Player' button.

What does this video contain?
This official Press Beta video by Curse is basically a straight tour of the various guild menus. It gives off a ton of info about the GW2 guild system if you use your powers of observation wisely:

Quote :
*Accounts can belong to multiple guilds at the same time. (No idea on a limit, if one exists.) You choose which guild you want to 'represent' when you log in for that login span. This is a game-changer, IMO. Really encourages the creation/assimilation of gimmick-style guilds in addition to "jack of all trades" guilds. Regardless of this, I would still like any community guild here to be a 'main squeeze' type of guild, not an afterthought.

*No idea on roster size limits for guilds, but the ANet guild during Press Beta was at 128 members, so it's at least higher than GW1's guild size.

*Custom guild ranks, with customizable guild permissions per rank. (IE. No more simplistic "Leader + Officers + Members" format)

*Guild storage and guild bank (and you can set permissions for specific guild ranks with regards to withdrawals/deposits)

*Guild influence, which appears to be a measurement of how much your guild members interact together in-game and other factors. No idea what this fully entails but it's all over the place on the guild menus.

*Guild upgrades and bonuses that you can buy into for extra guild solidarity. (More than just GW1's 'traders' upgrades. Buffs, etc. You can even throw a booze party to raise guild influence if you have enough cash to do so!)

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2012-03-04, 7:43 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-26, 7:34 am

GW2 GUILD SYSTEM AND MERCHANTS -- 720p SCREENCAPS

Screencaps Album:

Individual Screencaps:
(In a spoiler box to better handle loading)

Spoiler:

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2012-02-27, 1:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrseasonsaltz
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-27, 12:39 am

Looks sick. Makes me feel like I'm actually playing the game in full screen mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-27, 1:26 am

mrseasonsaltz wrote:
Looks sick...

I know. I love that older Guild Status messages, now called 'Messages of the Day', are saved in a guild tab. This allows for not having to use one little space for a catch-all message but more spur-of-the-moment type stuff. You don't lose recent messages just because someone has to say something new.

It will be interesting to see what kinds of multi-guild setups people come up with using the multiple guilds per account + custom ranks & permissions settings. With the wider variety of things for people to do in GW2 as compared to GW1, there are certainly a lot of possibilities.

I always wanted to go big with regards to a GW2 guild, but looking at all of the guild-based stuff available, now I really want to go big. Smile

Screencaps are up!

I took screencaps of the above video and posted both individual and an album of screencaps. Never tried the imgur image album embedding before. It's only a test. If it slows down the loading of the thread too much I'll just remove it. No biggie. (No tupac either.)

Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-27, 1:39 am

Thanks for the screencaps. That makes it about a million times easier because the guy who made the video went through everything pretty fast.

Last edited by mrseasonsaltz on 2012-02-27, 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-27, 1:44 am

mrseasonsaltz wrote:
Thanks for the screencaps. That makes it about a million times easier because the guy who made the video went through everything pretty fast.

Yeah, no problem. I downloaded the 720p video to my hard drive so I could easily pause it at points, so the quickness of the scrolling wasn't much of an issue for me. I didn't bother screencapping the end 'merchants' part as I didn't think that was the meat of the video. However, I will say that at the very least, the modding/rune/upgrades system for GW2 looks to be much improved over the system in GW1. Tons more variety.

Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-27, 1:45 am

Also that embedded album feature is insane. It didn't slow any of my loading down to any noticeable degree. Then again my school has pretty fast interwebzz.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-27, 2:02 am

mrseasonsaltz wrote:
Also that embedded album feature is insane. It didn't slow any of my loading down to any noticeable degree. Then again my school has pretty fast interwebzz.

Yeah, as always, only the YouTube embedding is slowing down the thread for me, and only slightly. Smile I've gotten used to that by now so whatevs.

mrseasonsaltz wrote:
BANDWIDTH IMAGE

That's about 4x faster download speeds than my Time Warner Cable Roadrunner and miles beyond my RR upload speeds. However, being a university, I'm sure all of your bandwidth usage is heavily monitored (ie. no torrents, etc., for you!).

I remember my first year in college (1995). The internet hadn't even been put in all of the dorms yet, only some of them. Most students had to actually go to the computer lab to surf the net. By the second year everyone had it by default. Granted, back then the internet was in its infancy so there wasn't all that much on it, especially compared to now (and webpages were very simplistic in nature too). Not to mention that in 1995 PCs/Macs in the home weren't anywhere near as common as they are today. Hell, my school's computer lab in 1995 had all of the PCs running Windows 3.1 for god's sakes. Laughing

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2012-02-27, 3:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-27, 3:14 am

Notice how the guild roster has full names with character names in parentheses afterwards. I wonder if you're going to have to use your name with your GW2 account or if this is something done just for the betas. Also, as mentioned in our previous GW2 will support one-word character names thread, some of those character names during Press Beta were, in fact, only one-word.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-27, 9:48 am

Guild Influence:

Quote :
Earn influence by logging in every day, playing events, dungeons, pvp, and other events with guild members

Taking a closer look at these screencaps I see that Guild Influence is an actual unit of currency, not just a simple tally. It's what is used to buy the guild upgrades and bonuses. That means in order for guilds to develop infrastructure quickly, they will require a cohesive core from the get-go in which members are actually playing the game, hanging out, and accomplishing things together. I like that. I like that a lot.

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   2012-02-27, 12:18 pm

TideSwayer wrote:
they will require a cohesive core from the get-go in which members are actually playing the game, hanging out, and accomplishing things together. I like that. I like that a lot.

That is a brilliant idea, totally adds incentive, as well as a basis for a guild to exist by.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]   

Back to top Go down

GW2 Guild System and Merchants [Curse Press Beta Video]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top