[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-09, 8:38 pm

Release is only a few weeks away now. If the BWEs are anything to go by, it looks like we'll be given 5 character slots to start out with. Have you decided which characters you plan to make? Only give out the race/class info - not any names you have picked out. Keep those a secret 'til launch. Wink

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2012-08-26, 4:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-09, 8:41 pm

Here are my choices as of right now:

1. Asura Elementalist
2. Norn Warrior
3. Charr Engineer
4. Asura Necromancer
5. Human Ranger

Additional character slots I buy will go towards a Guardian, Thief, Mesmer, and maybe a PvP slot if they have the same usefulness as in GW1 (not sure). Probably won't buy all of those character slots right away, but over the first few weeks I will get around to them. Norn will be the smallest height because they are so massive at the tallest height that it feels like you are moving in slow motion. A really lumbering feel to the tall Norns which some people may love but it wasn't really my thing. Same for the Charr, although if I decide to make a male Charr I'll want a taller one than if I go for female. I had a fun time with the Ranger during the BWEs which is why it beats out Guardian for my starter slots.

No Sylvaris for me right away. Treehuggers will have to wait.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-10, 9:11 am

1. Human Engineer
2. Asura Elementalist
3. Norn Guardian
4. Charr Thief
5. Sylvari Necromancer

Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-10, 10:43 am

1. Human Ranger
2. Human Guardian
3. Human Elementalist
4. Human Thief (?)
5. Human Necromancer (?)

HUMANZ HUMANZ FUCK THE REST
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-10, 1:00 pm

Link wrote:
1. Human Ranger
2. Human Guardian
3. Human Elementalist
4. Human Thief (?)
5. Human Necromancer (?)

HUMANZ HUMANZ FUCK THE REST

Racist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gumby
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-10, 4:39 pm

15 more days don't forget stress test today at 4 Pacific time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-11, 9:41 pm

Link, do you really hate the other races that much or are you just head over heels with humans? I could understand not wanting to make a Norn because this guy in their personal story really looks & sounds like a jackass, and your GW1 account is practically older than the Sylvari are. No desire to make a Charr, though? How could you not want to make an Asura, at least? Their animations are incredible.

Are kung-fu pandas in the upcoming WoW expansion more your thing? Razz

Let's be honest here. Unless there's a huge upswing in relevance about to take place during the course of GW2 (or shortly thereafter), Humans probably won't even be around by the time Guild Wars 3's lore takes place. Based on homeland size, Humans are shrinking in number while the other races are growing. The Charr are handing Humans their shit in GW2's era. Charr have gained lots of advancements in technology while Humans are still rockin' farmlands and their dwindling magic due to the near-abandonment of the 5 Gods (fuck what #6 Kormir is doing). Even still, Asura will always have more magic prowess & knowledge than Humans could ever hope to have, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Asura could defeat the Human gods in a fight if it ever came to that. (I'll always bet on the race that is standing up to fight the dragons head-on rather than deities who - story developments aside - look to be bitching out from the fight altogether.)

Not to mention that the Humans' fate, at least as far as GW2's era is concerned, will be decided upon by a member of Gwen and Kieran Thackeray's bloodline. Ugh!

Would like to see what races/classes others are going with. Let's hear them. Smile

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-13, 7:08 am

My characters:

Most likely Asura / can be Human Elementalist
Most likely Human / can be Asura Guardian
Norn/Sylvari Necro ( Necro's really are underrated. The amount of CC they have ... )
Norn Thief

Thats all for now. I'd like to focus on 2 at a time, maybe just 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-21, 3:29 am

Here's another reason for Link to hate GW humans forever: Humans are NOT native to the actual world of Tyria that Guild Wars takes place in. (What?)

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Human

Quote :
Humans are one of the most widespread and influential species in the world of Tyria. They are spread throughout the world of Tyria, including Cantha, Elona, and the eponymous continent Tyria, though it is implied they live further south than Cantha, which is where they may have originated.

Wherever they originated, humans are not native to the world as they were brought there by the Six Gods. The gods themselves only predate humans by a short period of time.

^^ Never knew that until I read it in a GW2 Guru post a few minutes ago.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2012-08-21, 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-21, 4:39 am

TideSwayer wrote:
Here's another reason for Link to hate GW humans forever: Humans are NOT native to the actual world of Tyria that Guild Wars takes place in. (What?)

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Human

Quote :
Humans are one of the most widespread and influential species in the world of Tyria. They are spread throughout the world of Tyria, including Cantha, Elona, and the eponymous continent Tyria, though it is implied they live further south than Cantha, which is where they may have originated.

Wherever they originated, humans are not native to the world as they were brought there by the Six Gods. The gods themselves only predate humans by a short period of time.

^^ Never knew that until I read it in a GW2 Guru post a few minutes ago.

You just mad cause we conquered Tyria before all of y'all furries and midgets came along
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satan
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-21, 6:58 pm

played the engineer, guardian and necro. Engineer is fucking awesome!

1st class will be either Asura or Norn Engineer
2nd: Asura or Sylvari Guardian

Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-21, 9:14 pm

I believe I will be rolling a human ele (I can't help it, that will be amaretto). And I don't know from there. I do want to roll a sylvari so I can continue with the storyline, so I might have to make that my ele instead... =\ Oh well. Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-22, 6:27 pm

I will be posting this tonight..................tbc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-23, 8:49 pm

1.Sylvari mes
2.Charr Nec
3. Norn ?
4.asuran engineer
5. human ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Satan
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   2012-08-23, 9:11 pm

Chris, you completely forgot to mention that all your toons are black
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your GW2 characters: What are you rolling? (Race/Class)   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top