[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wayfarer's Reverie - A GW1 Memorial Festival [Game Update]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Wayfarer's Reverie - A GW1 Memorial Festival [Game Update]   2012-08-17, 8:49 pm

Wayfarer's Reverie Festival
From August 17th, 2012 To August 30th, 2012

ANet rolled out an update for Guild Wars 1 with a memorial "trip down memory lane" type of festival - called The Wayfarer's Reverie - that will run until August 30th, 2012:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Game_updates:August_2012

Quote :
Update - Friday, August 17, 2012

Wayfarer's Reverie - Festival Updates

The spirit of adventure is always moving us forward, but it can be difficult to reflect on the journey while you’re in motion. Recent scholarship has unearthed a festival, once observed by our forebearers, that addresses just this notion. The Wayfarer’s Reverie honors the traveler inside each of us, encouraging revelry and revisitation. The world is yours to explore—again or for the first time. Join the celebration!

* For those looking to walk the Wayfarer’s path, festival coordinators have been added to Lion’s Arch, Kamadan, Kaineng Center, and the Eye of the North to offer festival quests for their respective regions.
* NPCs will be dropping by the major towns—as well as a few locations off in the wilds—to share their insights during the festival.
* Special drops and bonuses will be in effect throughout the Wayfarer’s Reverie, which will run through August 30th.

Quote :
Guild Wars Wiki notes

This update added new quests:

Wayfarer's Reverie: Tyria (Lion's Arch)

Wayfarer's Reverie: Cantha (Kaineng Center)

Wayfarer's Reverie: Elona (Kamadan, Jewel of Istan)

Wayfarer's Reverie: The Far North (Eye of the North)

Guild Wars Guru thread about the Festival: New Update!

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2012-08-17, 9:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wayfarer's Reverie - A GW1 Memorial Festival [Game Update]   2012-08-17, 8:50 pm

The quests look like sight-seeing quests. Go here - look at this, go here - look at that.

What's interesting is that besides the Proofs you get from these quests (which you can trade in for an item), the actual experience and gold rewards from these quests are the same as the various GW-related release dates: 2012 gold for every one, but 2005 XP for the Tyria quest, 2006 XP each for the Cantha and Elona quests, and 2007 XP for the Far North quest.

Once I get done defragging my hard drive (my C:\ drive was ~15% fragmented!), I'll hop in-game to check this stuff out.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wayfarer's Reverie - A GW1 Memorial Festival [Game Update]   2012-08-17, 8:50 pm

The quest chain can be done once per account.

You trade in all of the Proofs from each of the quests for a gift, which when opened gives you a Tormented item which is already customized to that character (ie. non-tradeable) but can still be dedicated to your Hall of Monuments.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wayfarer's Reverie - A GW1 Memorial Festival [Game Update]   2012-08-18, 3:42 am

One of the NPCs from the festival had this to say:

Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Wayfarer's Reverie - A GW1 Memorial Festival [Game Update]   2012-08-19, 1:18 am

TideSwayer wrote:
The quest chain can be done once per account.

You trade in all of the Proofs from each of the quests for a gift, which when opened gives you a Tormented item which is already customized to that character (ie. non-tradeable) but can still be dedicated to your Hall of Monuments.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wayfarer's Reverie - A GW1 Memorial Festival [Game Update]   2012-08-19, 1:51 am

Eh, they did it mainly to give people a quick Tormented weapon for their HoM. Nothing more. I haven't even bothered to do the quests (yet) because I don't need one dedicated. I was waiting to see if there was a chance at a rare item or something from the Proofs but apparently not.

PostSubject: Re: Wayfarer's Reverie - A GW1 Memorial Festival [Game Update]   

Back to top Go down

Wayfarer's Reverie - A GW1 Memorial Festival [Game Update]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top