View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Announcing Guild Wars 2 for Mac   2012-09-18, 12:18 pm

ArenaNet just announced Guild Wars 2 for Mac users

Quote :
Today we’re happy to announce another major milestone in the development of Guild Wars 2: going forward, ArenaNet will also be supporting the game on Apple’s Mac OS X. The Mac Beta client is available immediately for all Guild Wars 2 players. It shares the same features and connects to the same live game servers as the PC client. Anyone who purchases Guild Wars 2 can now play it on both PC and Mac.
The Mac Beta is available to anyone who has purchased or purchases Guild Wars 2. All you need is an active Guild Wars 2 account to download the Mac Beta client. Just log in to account.guildwars2.com and click Download Client to get started. If you have any questions, check out our Mac FAQ.

Read More: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-guild-wars-2-for-mac-beta/

I thought this would never happen. I guess Anet wants to put their hand in the OSX market as it's grown significantly over the years.

Last edited by Reave on 2012-09-21, 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Announcing Guild Wars 2 for Mac   2012-09-18, 3:06 pm

That is exciting news indeed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Announcing Guild Wars 2 for Mac   2012-09-18, 11:43 pm

Reave, let us know how your FPS compares to running the Windows version. (I assume you're going to be all over this.) I'm curious to see if it ends up being little more than a sloppy port-job or not.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Announcing Guild Wars 2 for Mac   2012-09-19, 3:10 pm

I gave it a try but wasn't impressed by the performance. My FPS was about 4-8 lower than Windows version. With the Mac client I noticed that start up, map loading, and texture loading was slower. When walking around the FPS would drop a lot and everything would become very choppy. The client also has a lot of bugs that are mentioned on GW2 forums.

I took a comparison screenshot and matched the settings. Texture setting will only go to Medium and others are disabled on Mac client.

Mac

PC

The Mac client is a transgaming cider port so I'm not expecting windows like performance but, Anet has a lot of work optimizing it though.

TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Announcing Guild Wars 2 for Mac   2012-09-19, 8:04 pm

Remember when there were rumors that this game was going to come out for the Playstation 3? This game would not run on a PS3. No way, no how.

PostSubject: Re: Announcing Guild Wars 2 for Mac   

Back to top Go down

Announcing Guild Wars 2 for Mac

View previous topic View next topic Back to top