[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Living World: 2013-09-03] Super Adventure Box: Back To School

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: [Living World: 2013-09-03] Super Adventure Box: Back To School   2013-09-04, 8:46 am

Game Update Notes for September 3rd, 2013:
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-3-2013

Discussion(s) about this:

[Reddit] Game Update Notes - September 3rd, 2013

[GW2 Guru] Update Notes for September 3rd

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2013-09-18, 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-03] Super Adventure Box: Back To School   2013-09-04, 8:47 am

Dulfy's Super Adventure Box: Back To School Coverage Guide(s):

http://dulfy.net/2013/09/03/gw2-super-adventure-box-back-to-school-coverage-guide/#more-53937

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-03] Super Adventure Box: Back To School   2013-09-04, 8:52 am

- Love the Gift From Scarlet, lol.

- The Essences of Luck which boost your account magic find are (predictably) driving up the prices of blues and greens on the TP. Going to be good money in the near future.

- I haven't tried the new crafting tiers yet as I'm waiting for the dust to settle on the market prices first. Doesn't seem to be too bad though, in all fairness.

- I got a set of the new Runes of the Traveler for my Cleric's armor set on my Guardian. He now has permanent +25% movement speed and it's probably better overall stats than my old set of 6 Sapphire Orbs gave him. I'm very happy with these!

- Super Adventure Box World 2 is way longer and way more difficult than the original World 1 SAB release was. Quite honestly, I wouldn't bother with the achievements unless you 1) purchase the Infinite Continue Coin from the gemstore (600 gems), or 2) practice, Practice, PRACTICE! It gets annoying in more than a few parts. It actually took Reave and I about 30 lives each just to complete World 2 Infantile mode! (Although, to be fair, many of those was trying to figure out some tough spots/bosses for the first time.) I'm sure SAB v2.0 won't be that bad once everyone gets familiar with the new levels, but it won't change a damn thing about the length of the levels. World 2 Zone 2 is long as hell. (Need to find that damn Shortcut Eagle, pronto!)

Keep in mind that I've barely even scratched the surface in the SAB Tribulation mode yet. That's gonna be a whole other world of hurt.

The chests and dig spot baubles have been changed to daily per account, so farming baubles has gotten a bit harder. However, you *CAN* still farm the bauble bomb rooms and ordinary chests/locations with bauble rewards in them over and over and over again. World 1 Zone 1 can get you 50 baubles (repeatable) within a couple of minutes if you do a couple of the early zone secrets. Not as much as the near-stack of baubles the old World 1 Zone 2 dig spot bauble farms gave back in the original SAB release, but it's something at least. Good enough to raise funding to buy the new World 2 item upgrades.

All in all, good update thus far. I plan to play SAB all month long so anyone who wants to run through as a group, just let me know. Once the guides are out for the locations of secrets, achievements, etc., I'll be doing run-throughs of those as well. Smile

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-03] Super Adventure Box: Back To School   2013-09-04, 9:15 am

While it's certainly getting its fair share of praise, the difficulty of SAB v2.0 is generating a lot nasty feedback from the GW2 community. Apparently Reave and I aren't the only ones who had it rough on Day 1:

[Reddit] Anyone else disappointed by SAB 2.0?

[Official GW2 Forums] Is it too hard?

MUST-WATCH VIDEO BELOW!

Someone actually took the SAB v2.0 pain and ass-whoopings upon themselves to make one of the funniest GW2 videos I've seen yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKyKyJzfjXM

Apparently this is based off of this Lonely Island skit from SNL. Still funny as hell. Laughing

[Reddit] The Super Adventure Rapids (Discussion thread about this funny video)

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-03] Super Adventure Box: Back To School   2013-09-04, 12:34 pm

omg World 2 Zone 2 was such a pain on normal mode; so much Mad.

Infinite Continue Coin is a great investment if going for the achievements and for the peace of mind. I must have died over 100x just in World 2 Zone 2.

Will be doing a normal run of World 2 Zone 3 tonight.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-03] Super Adventure Box: Back To School   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top