[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: [Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)   2013-09-18, 5:27 am

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2013-10-01, 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)   2013-09-18, 11:39 am

Quote :
Dulfy's Main Guide For Tequatl Rising:

[Dulfy.net] Tequatl Rising Patch Coverage Guide

Dulfy's Mini Guides Linked from that Main Guide:

[Dulfy.net] Tequatl Boss Week Achievements Guide

Tequatl Boss Achievements Guide

Tequatl the Sunless Strategy Guide

Quote :
New Items and Skins from the Tequatl Rising update:

[Dulfy.net] Sunless Weapon skins (Ascended Weapons)

[Reddit] [Chat codes] New ascended weapons, gear and dyes from Tequatl Rising

Quote :
Here's a Reddit thread from about the first or second day after the patch re: what people were thinking about the WvW Borderlands changes:

[Reddit] WvW After Patch (9/17/13)

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2013-09-22, 8:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)   2013-09-18, 11:46 am

My first-day impressions of the update:

* Tequatl is hard as hell! We'll see how it fares once more and more people get the hang of the required mechanics and coordination in order to take him down. (HINT: Turrets mean everything.) The Teq-based Living World achievements are really quick and easy to do - and boring. It's the permanent Tequatl boss achievements which will take some time to finish off but these are definitely more fun.

* What an AWESOME Tequatl-style loading screen image for Sparkfly Fen! Up until now I was partial to the Crown Pavillion loading screen as a backdrop for a new forums banner, but I think this new Teq loading screen is the new front-runner.

* Other bosses got a rework, but mostly of the variety in which you can't stand still and/or stack on them for extended periods and also to give them more health. Did Mark Golem II and Fire Elemental and they were doable still, relatively easily.

* I did a Scarlet invasion in Bloodtide Coast just to see what the wave changes were like. Not a very good zone to gain success in as many wave events in that zone bug out (and this was also the case back during the Scarlet Living World), but I did see how little the end loot was for failing. Not too bad, but certainly a bit less than it was before. It's one type of mob at a time now for each wave so it's much easier to coordinate the zergs. However, I do wonder if it's going to be cutting it really close time-wise with many of the harder Scarlet zones.

* I didn't try out the new WvW changes yet, but the reaction from Reddit is that ANet is foolish for giving out buffs to the team that is already having success (ie. making the strong even stronger and subsequently, the weak even weaker). We'll see if it's a giant deal in the long run or not. I still need to hop into WvW soon to get my monthly kills so I'll definitely see what the new stuff is all about.

* Extra bank tabs are available which means there is something to actually pull me away from SAB and start to grind money for again. :)I have all of my SAB achievements done at this point though, so aside from a W2Z3 trib run to finish off my 2nd set of yellow coins, I'm probably done with it for the most part. Not much interest in the guild for others needing assistance with their cheevos, so I guess I'll finish up my current goals then wait and see what happens with the eventual SAB v2.0 rework when it returns down the road.

* LFG tool is in beta and not rolled out to any of us yet. I'm sure the cool kids all have theirs already though. ANet claims it will be rolling out to everyone over the next week+. From the patch notes and the earlier preview of it a few weeks ago, it sounds pretty useful. At the very least, it sounds much more functional than that waste of space Party window ANet gave us for GW1. (Fuck that useless POS.)

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)   2013-09-18, 7:33 pm

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)   2013-09-20, 9:39 am

i deem this a failure, its either overflow sickness or being booted out of your home server for no apparent reason and then into overflow. Aside from all the server guesting that doesn't help, the amount of tards found zerging in overflows ensured that i'd prolly not do this in the near future (not going to camp in sparkfly for an hour to do a 15 min event). Taking recent history, if the do plan to do something about it, it won't be soon. Back to grinding.

yes overflow has had success before... this is rare. from what i've heard people loot from it, not worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)   2013-09-22, 8:17 am

No overflow will ever beat Tequatl unless it's a main server population porting in to ensure they can all group up. A generic overflow simply lacks the motivation and coordination necessary to win the Tequatl fight. Either they don't care and are just waiting for their spots in their respective main servers' queues to open up or they talk strategy and suck at following their own advice.

It is SO GODDAMN HARD to get into the main server Sparkfly Fen - not just on TC but on pretty much any decent server. You have to waste a lot of time trying to get in and then waste even more time idling around between spawns (in the event you need to finish off achievements and/or the server failed to get him down regardless). It's such a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Good thing the harvesting nodes in Sparkfly are worth the time to run around and farm (~2g on average if you grab most of them!) or I'd be dying of boredom waiting the hour and a half between Tequatl visits.

It's a really fun fight though. Just too bad that it was implemented a bit out of the average open world player's league. There are tons of threads on the official forums and Reddit pleading for a solution to the overflow/guesting issues. Hopefully in a couple of weeks people get all their achievements done for Teq and it's easier to get into the fight. I want that damn Mini Tequatl!

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)   2013-09-22, 8:41 am

* I added in the Dulfy guides in that 2nd post above. Quick reference for anyone who still needs to work on their achievements, etc.

Dulfy's Tequatl Rising Patch Coverage Guide (linked above in this threaD) has a cool video of the new Permanent Vigil Megalaser Finisher. Pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrAZ91l_whI

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)   

Back to top Go down

[Living World: 2013-09-17] Tequatl Rising (Boss Week)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top