[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   2013-09-23, 4:18 pm

Here's the trailer that ANet posted today:

Scarlet showing her face again? A new villain entirely? Who can say! Looks good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
usranger1
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   2013-09-23, 4:28 pm

nice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   2013-09-24, 9:59 am

ANet released their preview page for Twilight Assault earlier today:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-01-2013/

Quote :
Twilight Assault: October 1, 2013

Rumors have been gathering—whispers of a menace in the shadows. Trouble is stirring in Twilight Arbor!

Events

TWILIGHT ASSAULT

Lionguard intelligence reports have been pouring in regarding suspicious activities in the Twilight Arbor! Nightmare Courtiers are still pursuing their dark agenda, but now it seems like Scarlet is hatching some new plot as well. The sylvari hero Caithe is troubled by these rumors and has put out a call for heroes to put a stop to Scarlet’s machinations! It’ll take a daring group, armed with sharpened wits and blades, to infiltrate Twilight Arbor and put a stop to the mischief that’s afoot!

A NEW, LEVEL 80 PATH IN TWILIGHT ARBOR

Party up with other players and join Caithe to work your way into a secret facility hidden deep in the shadows of Twilight Arbor. Take out guards, puzzle your way through tricks and traps, and bring down the monster at the pounding heart of the stronghold.

DEVELOPER LIVESTREAM – SEPTEMBER 30

Explore the Twilight Assault release with ArenaNet devs during the preview livestream on our Twitch channel on Monday, September 30 at 12PM PDT.

Rewards

*   New Achievement Rewards

Show off your prowess with the new Slickpack back item. It glows, it gleams, and it lets the whole world know that you bested the dangers of Twilight Assault! You can also earn yourself an adorable, miniaturized version of one of the most powerful foes you’ll face in your assault on Twilight Arbor.

* Exotic Nightmare Weapons

Foes in the Twilight Arbor explorable mode have a rare chance to drop a new version of the Nightmare weapons. These weapons have a unique name and give off a blue aetherized glow.

*  Aether Chests

Across the Maguuma Jungle, players can find Aether Key Pieces. Collect and combine five of these to form a key that will open Aether Chests in the new path of Twilight Arbor.

A couple of images on that site as well, showing off the new backpiece and one of the new Nightmare Weapon skins:

^ LOVING the new glow color on the Nightmare skins. (I love the older purple look as well)

Discussion(s) about this:

[Reddit] Twilight Assault & Extended Free Trial Announced - Guild Wars 2 News

[Reddit] Twilight Assault | GuildWars2.com

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   2013-09-24, 10:02 am

Good to hear that Twilight Assault is a new explorable path IN ADDITION TO the already-existing explorable paths. Being a fan of the Twilight Arbor dungeon (well, all dungeons, really Smile), that's exactly what I was concerned about - that ANet was revamping TA and discarding the older paths in favor of the new.

I wonder if Dungeon Master titles are going to require this be done? Wouldn't doubt it, but I also don't care either seeing as I plan to do this dungeon lots.

Hopefully as part of this update the TA F/U Nightmare Tree boss gets a bit of pruning down to size. Fuck those spiders.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   2013-09-24, 5:50 pm

I'm so sick of the back piece rewards for doing the living story achievements. I like a lot of the skins but don't want to lose the skins while upgrading to a new skin. It would be nice to see a drop down window that I could select what skins I want to wear.

Can't wait for the TA update. I have only done that dungeon a few times so it's still new to me.

Gumby
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   2013-09-24, 6:34 pm

Ok guys Tuesday night let's do that shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaubyFizz
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   2013-09-25, 11:40 am

agree with reave and gumby
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   2013-09-27, 10:54 am

ANet dev quote about Twilight Assault that I saw in the NeoGAF Guild Wars 2 |OT3| thread:

Quote :
Hey guys! I was getting ready to post some info for you, but saw this thread and thought it would be the most fitting place. I’ve been reading through the threads so far and wanted to write on a few points brought up.

Our team’s put a great deal of effort into getting this new dungeon path right, so that it is both challenging and fun. We’re comprised of folks that worked on the Aetherblade Retreat, as well as myself from Molten Facility, so we’ve been putting everything we’ve learned from the past months’ development into what we think is a pretty exciting experience.

There’s a whole lot to do in this dungeon, even after the final boss is downed. Expect some nods to the existing TA paths, as well as a few to previous Living World dungeons. You’ve probably already seen some in the screenshots & trailer released so far.

Our hope is that once you get in there, you’ll see why this is the primary thing we’ve been working on. That said, Halloween is just around the corner, and you won’t be waiting too long after Twilight Assault to see what we’ve got in store for you with this year’s Mad King shindig.

^ The part I colored in yellow is interesting. Smile

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   2013-09-30, 4:07 pm

From the Dev livestream of the Twilight Assault dungeon today, it was discovered that the TA F/U path is getting removed in place of this new Twilight Assault explorable path. So much for a fix there. Laughing

Apparently there is a shitstorm brewing on the official forums about the F/U removal. IMO, whatever. I can do without that one as long as the other two explorable paths remain intact and this new Twilight Assault path is worthwhile.

PostSubject: Re: [Living World: 2013-10-01] Twilight Assault (PREVIEW)   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top