[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-06-27, 3:50 pm

It has fuck all in it and I still fucking bought it

How does ANet make me do this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-06-27, 8:27 pm

I hear you. I was telling Chris the other day that I still feel burned on buying the original GW2 Digital Deluxe edition that came with shit consumables and a useless elite skill. Hell, one of those consumables was a 1000 guild influence item that didn't even work because guild representation was bugged at launch. Truth be told, it doesn't look we'll be getting more than a handful of zones with Heart of Thorns, if that, and I even read a rumor that Mordremoth isn't going to get stopped/killed with the day 1 HoT content. (Probably coming in the Living Story to follow up on where we leave off.) At least this isn't an Eye of the North scenario where this is the last funded content before ANet puts all of their resources to a new project or something. I expect a second expansion to come relatively quickly - within a year and a half after HoT. It's really time to pick up the pace with this Dragon storyline or some of them will still be around for Guild Wars 4. Smile

A little bit of the expansion funds will go towards keeping the GW1 servers up and running as well which is a point I don't see anyone mentioning. I still log in to GW1 every now and then just to mess around. At least ANet threw in that extra character slot for the HoT standard. Even though I don't particularly need it (certainly helps though!), I definitely understand the reasoning of those who have all of their character slots filled and want to play Revenant.

I haven't pre-purchased HoT yet but I plan to do that sometime this week. I'm only getting the $49.99 standard edition though. I'll probably just farm the gems for the Deluxe upgrade a little at a time. Don't have a lot of extra cash to throw around at the moment. My mic that has lasted me for seven years just broke on me so that needs replacing and I have to get an eye exam + fresh supply of contacts sometime this week. Sad

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-07-01, 7:25 pm

the money whoring just works sometimes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Always The Victor
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-08-13, 2:03 am

Holy shit I haven't been here in years!!! How's everyone?! Thought this forums were extinct.

I already bought the deluxe exp set too. So don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat, and my wallet feels your pain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-08-13, 2:22 am

Always The Victor wrote:
...Thought this forums were extinct...

Never! Smile Just a little slow due to lack of visitors. Truth be told, it's the social media era of the internet. Forums in general aren't all that popular anymore with the casuals. Life online these days is little more than a parade of throwaway one-liners at the bottom of blog posts/reddit threads, Facebook baby images, watching annoying people streaming games on Twitch, and learning whatever the hell Taylor Swift's PR people want us to know about her at any given moment. In any case, I will always make sure the forums are here and running for everyone to keep in touch out of game and what-not.

Although I couldn't play any of BWE1 this past weekend because I was busy, it doesn't change that I'm starting to get a bit excited for the expansion. The fractals changes actually sound interesting to me, as does the map reward system for the vanilla GW2 zones. Doesn't appear that the expansion will be out for at least another couple of months so the wait continues... Mad

Enjoy your second-place Yankees, Victor. Wink

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-08-13, 4:07 pm

We'll see, I am excited about the whole expansion. I'm not however, at the fact that we might not even get to see Mordremoth until maybe a couple of months (Living World releases), down the line, after HoT is out. But it might be good thing since MAYBE, we're blessed with a good and interesting fight, unlike Zaithan (who was not only boring, but easier than any of the world bosses who are mere champions, so go figure).

I'm still waiting for at lest a small enhancement for all dungeons, other than gold/karma farm, there's really nothing to them. At least they could try the GW1 method, make a create a weapon contest, and place the winners as rare drops from the dungeon chest.

And I'm very glad to see them take sPvP more seriously outside of their big tournaments. Lately thatss one of my main focuses in the game and it's kinda irritating seeing how you get 0 extra rewards for playing ranked, and 0 punishment for joining rank battles to troll. Now with the new leagues, they fix lot of the problems (a couple of new maps wouldn't hurt either).

I'm logging in almost daily, so we should get together in game or TS (which I'll admit I haven't used in a long time), it's been years since I've talked to any of you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-08-13, 9:33 pm

Always The Victor wrote:
I'm still waiting for at lest a small enhancement for all dungeons, other than gold/karma farm, there's really nothing to them. At least they could try the GW1 method, make a create a weapon contest, and place the winners as rare drops from the dungeon chest.

Dataminers about a year ago found things which suggested ANet was messing around with hard-mode versions of dungeons. They mess around with a lot of things so who knows if that is something that ever made its way past the brainstorming stages or not. It would be nice to have some sort of new dungeon love, but I think ANet want fractals to take the dungeons' place instead. I like that fractals are going to be only 1 per level come HoT. I don't have the time/interest to pug a 4-stage fractal (and probably get kicked at the end boss for their friends, as per par with pugs), which is why I pretty much stopped at fractal level 30 and never went any further.

Always The Victor wrote:
I'm logging in almost daily, so we should get together in game or TS (which I'll admit I haven't used in a long time), it's been years since I've talked to any of you guys.

Until at least a release date for the expansion is announced, I'm pretty much dailies and done for my in-game time. I still have some in-game goals to accomplish, but I'm trying to pace myself for the expansion when I know I'll get back into the game a bit more hardcore. As for TS/whatever, my mic is broke (have to replace it sometime before HoT releases) so lately I've been on Skype with my friend using a crappy old backup mic for the time being. As for FU, I haven't been in that guild for almost 2 years now and have next to no interest in it at this point. No idea what's going on over there.

If you see me online, that means I'm online, so hit me up. I seldom go AFK in-game. I'm down for whatever, whenever. Also, if you have a Steam account, I'm TideSwayer on Steam. Add me.

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-08-14, 3:23 am

I'll add you later on Steam for sure, I almost never play anymore (even though I have dozens of games), plus I'm mostly on GW. FU, well I've been a member since you guys added me (since release), but I've literally had 0 interaction with anyone. It's never been like before when I was constantly in touch or doing stuff with the guild. Hell, I'm even looking for other more PvP oriented guilds or WvW, since now you can be in several guilds and decide who to rep.

I've never been a big Fractals fan, maybe now I'll get more into it. There where some levels I absolutely loved, and some I hated way to much, so at least now reducing it to 1 per run, it's better for me. Plus new rewards will make them more interesting. And of course new levels, are even better. The new expansion is bringing a lot of new things to keep me interested for a long while. But lately with no living story and pretty much nothing outside of the BWE1 going on for the past couple of months. I'm almost exclusively doing pvp and karma farm for legendary (literally all i need is 150 more obsidian shards to get Flameseeker). Which is another thing I'm looking forward to since I was hyped for legendary weapons only to find that I only really liked 2 (Juggernaut and Flameseeker), which basically I already have. I might go for Rodgort which is the 3rd one I like enough to care about having, which leaves me one spare gift of exploration to maybe spend it on one of the new ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-08-14, 5:59 am

If we're being honest, Guild Wars 2 hasn't had much new content since the end of Living Story Season 1. LS s2 had some of the most fun missions in this game (achievements especially, IMO), but they sadly aren't very replayable and unless you want to grind out the Vinewrath or do SW chest runs all night there wasn't really much of the LS s2 experience to take from. Last year's Halloween sucked turds, Wintersday sucked even more turds, that faux Canthan New Year shit back in February sucked Tequatl turds, and Super Adventure Box is confirmed broken until sometime after HoT when the devs can actually get time to go back and look into fixing it.

I only ever made the one legendary and gave up the fight. At this point I like some of the Black Lion skins better than the legendaries anyways so I've been spending my in-game gold on those things. When the precursor collections come with HoT I'll probably work on those in my spare time. From the looks of things, Lodestones (among other items) are going to be pretty easy to come by with the new map rewards system so a lot of craftables should come down in value.

********** OBLIGATORY YELLOW-COLORED POST CONTENT SEPARATOR **********

GW2 isn't the exception to the rule. I haven't played much of ANY games lately. I've mostly been trying to catch up on some TV shows before the new seasons start and taking care of some yardwork during the summer.

With Windows 10 out now I've been spending much of my recent time trying to organize/backup data so I can fully reformat and reinstall Win10 onto a newer, bigger HD than the HD it's currently on. My current Win10 boot HD is about 7-8 years old at this point so it could go kaput at any point. Although there aren't any bad sectors or anything with it as of yet, that really doesn't matter where HDs are concerned. One day in, next day out. Win10 for the most part works fine on my end, but I haven't actually done a clean install since Win7 (read: at least a few years) so it's time.

I bought that Cities: Skylines game on Steam 4-5 months ago and I've spent some time messing around with that, but it's pretty much just a traffic simulator with eye candy rather than an actual city simulation. Still pretty rough around the edges but there are tons of Steam Workshop mods and buildings for it which are fun to mess around with. Cities is getting a DLC expansion soon which should add a bit more depth to it. I also want to actually get around to playing Diablo III RoS which has sat on my HD unplayed for months. Never got around to even beating the campaign (let alone grinding for endgame stuffs) because I stopped cold turkey to max out the Guild Wars 2 Dungeoneer title just before spring hit.

Keep up with the r/GameDeals sub-reddit if you want to get games/bundles cheap.

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-08-26, 7:01 pm

Maubyt- my steam name, gj guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-08-27, 5:22 am

Mauby, I added you to Steam. Looks like you haven't logged online (at least to friends list if not Steam altogether) in over 30 days. In any case, friend invite is there when you get around to it. Smile

Got around to my reformat/reinstall of Win10. It is now installed on a bigger, newer hard drive and running smoothly. All of the minor issues I was having from the 10 'upgrade' are gone. I guess my Win8.1 install had become too corrupted for its own good. For instance, I had a 30-second black screen during boot before getting to the login screen. All remedied now. Only time I see it (and only for a few seconds, tops) is when I'm installing something that requires restart. I also get a brief popping noise when I hit the 'Play' button on the GW2 launcher. Whatever.

Still no mic replacement. Haven't had the time to sift through various product review pages yet and pick one out. I see that the next GW2 HoT beta is the September 4th weekend (and apparently there are achievements for this one) so I'll probably get around to some decent in-game time then. Also, some kind of announcement being made this Saturday about endgame GW2 expansion content and maybe something else so I'm keeping my eye out for those details.

I popped into GW1 the other night to collect my birthday presents (lots of my characters are turning 7+ years old at this point so I'm still hoping/trying for that damn Kuunavang tonic) and was shocked to see just how populated lots of the outposts were. Embark Beach had like 30-40 people. Shocked Guess there are a lot of people using this GW2 downtime to work on their GW1 HoMs or something.

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-09-04, 10:20 pm

Steve
Got a cold engine atm so not blowing much 'Steam'.

Do you think the expansion will get any cheaper or its a solid price however you look at it?pirat

Steve wrote:
I also get a brief popping noise when I hit the 'Play' button on the GW2 launcher. Whatever.
Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-09-06, 9:16 pm

MaubyFizz wrote:
Do you think the expansion will get any cheaper or its a solid price however you look at it? pirat

I think with the inclusion of raids and the map rewards system that the expansion has finally gotten 'enough' for me to believe in the value at $50 MSRP. Let's not forget the new specializations for the classes which if nothing else look like fun diversions to class mechanics. Don't just take the good word people have for the Reaper buffs as gospel. I've seen a Reaper with my own eyes absolutely manhandle those Verdant Brink Mordrem mobs while I was messing around with the beta the other night.

I look at the expansion price as more of a developmental checkpoint fee anyhow than simply a cost for an expansion. I don't buy gems (LOL - in-game rewards pls), so the only $$$ Arenanet has gotten from me since launch was the $25 I spent on a 2nd account a year and a half ago. That's only $25 from me in 3+ years until now. Granted, Guild Wars 2 is only now starting to flesh out a bit (as compared to GW1 which had all 3 expansions out within 2 years of its launch) but the game doesn't seem to show any signs of fading or slowing. There are still a shitload of people doing world boss runs every night, dungeons, etc., and now with the base game going F2P there should be plenty of people all-around even once HoT launches and the new zones get more migrants than Europe is getting right now. We know there's a follow-up living story to come after the launch day HoT content. We know there are other dragons out there. Anet has to know people are looking for a way to get back to Elona or Cantha. So I see myself as putting down $50 for now to fund the continued development of not only this game, but the maintenance of GW1's servers as well. I'll be one sad puppy if they ever take those servers down.

My one fear about HoT is that much of the added content seems very heavily skewed towards endgame group content. Don't get me wrong. It's great for the game itself because that's the major content area lacking with present-day GW2 content. However, as someone who has pretty much been in a side guild for ~2 years now that is going to all-but force me to join one of those larger guilds just to get my money's worth out of the expansion. Oh well. It's been a long-time coming anyhow. Smile

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-09-07, 5:44 pm

I have seen some of the revenants in rata sum. i am interested aswell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-09-07, 7:46 pm

MaubyFizz wrote:
I have seen some of the revenants in rata sum. i am interested aswell

I've seen multiple comments on Reddit and the official forums about how the Herald [Rev w/ Glint] is the true heal/support role that this game has lacked. I bet they will be very useful in raids and during some of these HoT event chains. Those HoT Mordrem mobs hit like a tank and disperse tons of conditions. I think support roles are really going to play up in these 10-man raid runs as compared to the 5-man dungeons. Raids are most likely going to be speed-clear style elite area runs. I don't mean it will be about perma shadowform-like steamrolling everything, but in that groups are going to most likely need to split up at times and accomplish multiple goals simultaneously. (LOL - and people bitch now about having to split up to do the Ooze part of Twilight Arbor Aetherpath. Can't wait for the tears to come...)

The new guild halls + guild upgrade system is going to be interesting to keep an eye on as well. Look at this image of the guild hall storage requirements that somebody capped from a preview showing:

I like the idea of needing 10-slot iron boxes. It feels like you are actually building a giant storage rack or something. However, who the hell lines their storage with silk? Laughing

Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   2015-09-13, 8:07 pm

the silk is for when we trap trolls in it. comfortable jailing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?   

Back to top Go down

The stupidest thing about the heart of thorns deluxe edition?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top