[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 2:12 pm

This topic has been debated for years.

In my opinion there is no contest, Ninjas are far superior to Pirates. Twisted Evil

Ninjas:
• Highly trained and highly disciplined.
• Wear black masks, use daggers, throwing stars etc.
• Stealth tactics.
• Look cool doing the robot. (Yes, I have seen it!!!)
• Feared and respected.

Pirates:
• Dirty, unorganized.
• Wear dirty sometimes stolen clothes.
• Drunken Tactics. (fail)
• Too drunk to dance...properly.
• Pirates are only feared, not respected.

If I were to go on this thread would be over before it started, so I will leave the rest to you guys.

Ninjas or Pirates?
Back to top Go down
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 2:19 pm

Well, seeing as my last name is that of a pirate clan that was the original terrorist threat to the USA, I'm gonna have to say Pirate.

Btw, if you don't know the pirates I speak of, they're the Barbary Pirates. Razz

Though I will say Ninjas are kickass.

And who said being feared is not being respected. There is always a respect of sorts in fear. Like... I respect heights, because I'm afraid of them. Razz

Also your view of pirates is that of the movies. Pirates are/were very organized (they wouldn't be able to raid if they weren't). Also the fact that their clothes were dirty or torn were from long months on a ship without the proper ability to actually mend their clothes or wash their clothes properly (salt water is not really good for that), or be able to clean themselves properly for that matter. Truthfully, pirates are pretty freakin' rich, well at least the captains of the ships. Normally, the captains take care of their crew, and in turn use probably quite a bit of the money the actual crew "has" to keep them fed and stocked on all supplied necessary for raids and food. It's probably one reason they're always depicted as dirty, except the captain, of course, who gets the highest share of the loot. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 3:53 pm

Well-crafted rebuttal. Smile

Fear can institute a sense of respect yes, but not true respect. Ninjas are shown true respect due to the discipline and abilities. Mastering the art of Kung Fu is no simple task is effectively using throwing stars, samurai swords, dagger, etc.

It's funny that you mention that the Barbary Pirates were national terrorist threat. Ninjas handle things differently. If the USA was doing something that a ninja syndicate/organization didn't approve of then they would simple send one of their finest to assassinate people. When pirates, or terrorist group have problems with a country they start killing and harming its people rather then striking at the head.
Back to top Go down
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 4:03 pm

I think it's true respect, but as I said before, it's just a different KIND of respect. And pirates, though they might not know kung fu, do know how to fight and have to train as well for raiding.

Well, with the Barbary Pirates, they didn't really have a problem with any "head of the country" they were actually just trying to take over shit. Why do you think there's a Barbary Coast? They took that shit over, as well as a lot of other stuff. But once they looked at the USA they then CREATED a problem with the heads for trying to take over. It wasn't the other way around. Razz And I think, as far as pirates go, they aren't worried about petty politics to feel the need to kill figure heads. They want the loot. Simple as that. They'll get it as many places as they can. Lol

To be honest, I think there's too much of a difference of actual ideals between these two to even try to compare them. It doesn't make sense to try to compare someone who trains to assassinate, and someone who trains to raid. Those are two different types of violence that cannot be compared to each other. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roman
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 5:07 pm

guns, that is all

/pirate
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 5:48 pm

Roman wrote:
guns, that is all

/pirate

I don't see your point, you can't shoot at something you can't see.
Back to top Go down
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 5:55 pm

Yes you can. Doesn't mean you're gonna hit it. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 6:00 pm

amaretto creme wrote:
Yes you can. Doesn't mean you're gonna hit it. Razz

While pirates are firing at targets they can't see ninjas are behind them...
/throat
Back to top Go down
Dogmire
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 7:35 pm

hmmmmm I would have to say that Ninjas have great discipline and skill this makes them very deadly. Pirates for them most part are hired guns with fighting for something they may not have the same deep stake in. Until ofc they are fighting for their life. Most hardened criminals will not stop at anything to survive and have an insane rational as to how to go about that goal. Honor will lose to insanity but irrationality will lose to skill and precision. I think that you would really need to put up an infamous pirate to a famous ninja because on average the ninjas have an unfair advantage over the pirates due to extensive training.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 7:39 pm

That's exactly what I said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dogmire
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 7:42 pm

OH lol! I must have missed that post. Soz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-08-28, 8:18 pm

It was part of my long winded post. It was the last section there. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-09-01, 11:45 pm

as you can see, the 4 ninjas would easily kill the 5 pirates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-09-01, 11:49 pm

Johnny Depp doesn't count as a pirate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iced Doppio
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-09-02, 2:14 am

Ninja's are borderline homosexual, they prance around in tights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   2009-09-02, 3:26 am

Iced Doppio wrote:
Ninja's are borderline homosexual, they prance around in tights.

I loled
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...   

Back to top Go down

Ninjas vs. Pirates | The never-ending debate...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top