Share | 

Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-20, 4:47 pm

well i fail at making the edges softer but i was attempting for a faded edge not so choppy look. i must be tired or something to not be apply'n the tools correctly idk.. anywho...

ps. i do have the original twill bg if interested in using or just google twill. shrug.. um... i thought about using the aatxes/ cows whatever image separated on either side for a not so boxed look but idk...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-20, 9:52 pm

Yea photoshop isnt my thing, graphic design in general. Give me a Cisco 2800 router any day and ill rape it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agrippa
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-20, 10:39 pm

hey sry ive been gone

i can work on something like that if youd like and lemme know if u like it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 12:24 am

yea yea something like what i posted with softer edges. i dont have photoshop that was on my old comp currently playing with gimp2 and paint.net :S need the better toys... but yea my eraser was not wanting to be kindand fade for me .. gimp has bugs or something where it works and dont work right so pfft.

maybe i'll look up patches for my graphic progs but yea work it if ya want to cuz i prolly will take forever to look it up and what nots. -shrug-

edit: i forgot thanks reave that looks purdy. Wink u r awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 9:39 am

Heres my rough draft. The pictures are from guru and wiki. The middle is to [meh] IMO. Im still trying to think of ideas of what to put in the middle or what to do with the [meh] text.

Drafts
Spoiler:

Revision #3 - Duncan The Black

Revision #4 - Blue

Last edited by Reave on 2010-03-21, 8:08 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 9:46 am

Looks good, but I think the two charr look a little bit slapped on, if you know what I mean. The distinction between them and the background is too harsh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 10:27 am

Link Of The Desert wrote:
Looks good, but I think the two charr look a little bit slapped on, if you know what I mean. The distinction between them and the background is too harsh.

Everything is high res except for the background. Im looking into better alternatives and gonna try and adapt the charr better to the picture.

Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 11:43 am

Revision #1 is much better, imo. Good job. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sister Holly
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 11:46 am

Revision #1 is a lot better. I still feel like the charr could use some blending. Maybe trying blurring the edges of them a bit or something. (Just a thought, not a graphics wiz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 2:19 pm

Yea revision number 1 is badass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Agrippa
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 4:18 pm

maybe instead of a dwarf, throw in a pic of like a bladed aatxe staring right at your or something badass

just a suggestion

i love revision 2 and 3 though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 7:14 pm

oh those are purdy... thought the blank one was funny and showed our humor ... but thats cool too. will it look good against the forum bg or did you think of changing bg color...?

i like the first draft bg (tho all the bgs are neato) and rev3 tho i agree with agrippa (tho dwarfs are cool and all Wink ) my first thought was why is there a knight on it my first impression wasnt oh theres a dwarf. aatxe front veiw might be cool.. but i'm not sure... what about an old hourglass with the time almost out? is that lame? (kinda like we took our sweet time for a decision) meh maybe not... i dont know...

did the other stuff get taken care of and put up? this is the first thread i looked at so far since i logged in...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 7:27 pm

Finding a picture of a bladed aatxe facing at you and close up will be though. If you guys can supply that, Ill see what I can do. Whats all the hate on Duncan the Black? If you guys think of anything interesting then post them or take a stab at designing a banner.

MCeltric08
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-21, 8:08 pm

Grace's banned is AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kirabi Wutang
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-22, 3:21 am

I say even temporarily we need to put something up in place of what's there now.

But that's just me Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grace
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-22, 4:48 pm

yea even though the brown-tan banner is very neat looking the blue tent actually feels more pleasing to the eye like it melds into the forum page.. anyone else have input on this???

ps thx celtric .. tho i think we laughed at the idea not a lot of comments of constructive ideas have been flopping to move this forward or at least not on forum.. idk on vent.. in hopes to just get things done faster i really dont mind which banner goes up. obviously reave took a whole lot more time on his than mine.

heres was my last attempt that i decided to not post since reaves got that purdy one up, but i thought id share anyway now... idk for somereason i really cant get opacity on edges. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCeltric08
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-22, 4:49 pm

That for some reason SERIOUSLY pleases me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Industrial Sized
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-22, 6:11 pm

I honestly prefer grace's idea for the banner over the duncan version, goes better with the name and theme
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Regolith
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-22, 6:44 pm

Graphic Design is not my specialty, But I would say it should kinda say what we are like, and such.
I would place the 4 of Mallyx Generals on it but meh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MCeltric08
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-22, 9:01 pm

Listen to me and Rick gogogo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadow Sin Mg
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-22, 9:49 pm

duncan is ftw.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-24, 3:48 am

Was bored today, so i figured i'd give it a shot. This is what i came up with:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-24, 3:59 am

In awe......... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Industrial Sized
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-24, 9:11 am

ghost wins...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   2010-03-24, 9:38 am

Nice job Ghost, Its clean and simple. The only thing I would adjust is the text, IMO. (Font size, style, color)

Last edited by Reave on 2010-03-24, 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with   

Back to top Go down

Its time for a new banner - see what you can come up with

View previous topic View next topic Back to top