The LOST/24 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-20, 12:43 pm

No Steve NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PM me noooooooooow :p Ive got my own theories and its fan spoilers :p

btw whats the new vent pass ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott Ware
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-20, 1:28 pm

Mio wrote:
btw whats the new vent pass ?

[deep, smooth Gameshow announcer voice]The password is: Mio is a lameass[/deep, smooth Gameshow announcer voice]

PM me your Lost thoughts, Mio. I'll do the same for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-20, 1:35 pm

so whats the vent pass xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-22, 10:41 pm

As I was watching ABC's re-broadcast of the original LOST premiere episode earlier tonight, I got to thinking about my finale theory and came to the conclusion that I really had no basis for it other than a shot in the dark. No reason to stand by it. Also, I forgot a few of that things that I was speculating on, leaving only a couple minor things here and there left.

The hell with my theory.

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-23, 8:34 am

Just forget EVERYTHING and watch the God Damn Finalllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I cant wait! Isnt there a live streaming site cuz it will be online torrents for me at 4 am -_-'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-23, 8:42 am

No idea on the live streaming site. I thought I read that the Europeans are getting it simulcast at the same time that us Americans are or something like that.

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-23, 8:43 am

Lol they are only at season 4 here in Belgium xD I only follow the American ones.

Bleeeeeeeeh, I guess i'll wait till its out in HD Torrents xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-23, 8:48 am

Yeah, you should stick to the american versions anyways just in case the euros edit stuff out for whatever reason.

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-23, 8:49 am

Indeed -_-'

Imma gonna sit in mah garden at the meantime ... The weather is sooooo frkcing sweet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-23, 9:03 am

Man, just think - this time tomorrow LOST will be all over with. Sad

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-23, 9:21 am

TideSwayer wrote:
No idea on the live streaming site. I thought I read that the Europeans are getting it simulcast at the same time that us Americans are or something like that.

Yeah. It's airing at 5am on Sky1 here. If only I watched LOST and/or had Sky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-23, 11:39 pm

Finale just got done airing here....

10/10

10/10

10/10

VERY satisfying finale. One of the best series finales of all-time for one of the best shows ever made. I miss this show already.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2010-05-24, 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-24, 12:02 am

Man, that finale had it ALL. LOST fan service to the extreme. Awesome action, awesome character interaction, awesome everything else too. I honestly couldn't think of ONE thing that the finale lacked that I wish it had. This was easily one of the, if not THE, best episode of the entire series run.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2010-05-24, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-24, 4:33 am

is everything explained ? every mystery ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-24, 4:57 am

Mio wrote:
is everything explained ? every mystery ?

Let's just say it does a better job of closing out the core character story than it does explaining every last detail of everything else you want to know.

Trust me when I say that the route the finale goes in is satisfying as hell regardless of which you prefer. You will love it. Given the route that the finale took, I don't even really care anymore about the unexplained details that weren't tied-into the plot well enough or at all by show's end. Seeing those mysteries or strange phenomena was just a part of the journey towards this end. Whatever wasn't explained was inconsequential to the main cast's story on the island itself. In short, who cares? The characters learned whatever they needed to know in order to conclude the story pertaining to them. Just because they were on an island with a huge amount of legends, lore, and magical properties doesn't mean they were ever going to know everything about all of it. As the show went on and on and more and more wild-natured elements were introduced into the show, people got their hopes up too high that the show was going to end up being this virtual island encyclopedia rather than one that would cling to the focus of the integral characters the show actually started with and finish their story off above everything else. That was foolish to expect.

I am content with how LOST ultimately concluded because it left a lot open to interpretation.

Tomorrow night is the 24 series finale. Granted, that show got canceled so a proper finale couldn't really happen, but let's just say this... Even though 24 is right up there with LOST as my two favorite shows, no way in hell will 24's finale have me thinking about it hours after the fact like LOST's finale has. I still have this weird feeling in my stomach knowing that it's all over. Sad LOST wasn't without its fair share of plot holes and inconsistencies (mostly due to the creators writing themselves into a corner with a lot of things before they fully embraced the show's eventual focus), but damnit all if every second of almost every episode from season 1 to season 6 wasn't interesting as hell. You never knew which direction the plot was going to turn next. How the hell am I going to replace that? I'm close to being heartbroken over a TV show.

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2010-05-24, 9:59 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mio
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-24, 6:02 am

I heard there's a chance for a Lost Spin Off ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-24, 6:23 am

Nope. It's all done.

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-24, 2:35 pm

LOST

SUCKS

DICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-25, 9:26 am

Just watched the 24 series finale...

LOST Finale: 10/10 (although I can understand outcry for wanting more island answers)

24 Finale: 7/10 (although the 2nd half of Season 8 was incredible)

24's finale had a lot of great moments, but almost none of them had to do with Jack Bauer. It's a damn shame FOX hadn't decided prior to Season 8 starting filming that the show wasn't going to be brought back instead of when almost 5/6 of the season had already been filmed. The writers could've sent the show out with a bigger bang than they did. Nothing to be done about that now, however. As a standard season finale, it brought decent closure to the storylines presented. It just didn't end the show properly IMO. If this 24 finale is considered as a standard season finale and not a series finale, bump that 7/10 score up to a 8. I'd have preferred a bit more explosiveness to it, which keeps me from thinking 9 or 10 territory.

The finale was what it was, and really there were only two OG characters left in relevance on the show anyways (Jack and Chloe), so whatever. Sad to see it go, but its time was up.

Hopefully they don't drop the ball with this 24 movie they're putting together. I'd rather they not make one at all, especially post-show, as no way can they make a movie that does the legacy of this show justice. I have a real feeling that it will suck and/or bore the shit out of me (as I'll have long since moved on from the 24 universe).

My ranking of the LOST seasons:
s1 > s4 > s5 > s2 > s6 > s3

The slow first half of Lost s3 almost made me quit the show entirely so it has to finish last in my personal rankings. Keep in mind that the second half of s3 is great television, with the s3 finale being one of the 10 best episodes of the show. While I much-preferred the fast-paced, action-filled 2nd half of Lost's run (2nd half of s3 onwards to the s6 series finale) to the much-slower first half of its run, the first season wins my ranking due to the unknown factor of the storytelling at the time it aired. Nobody knew where the hell the show was headed in its first season, but you could tell from the opening plane crash sequence of the s1 pilot episode that this show was going to be special. Lost s1 was one of the best seasons of television ever made (IMO).

My satisfaction with the series finale at the end of s6 isn't enough to lift that entire season up from the depths of my rankings. I just wasn't feeling the whole Jacob/Man In Black storyline, and really feel that it was largely unnecessary. The writers should've closed the show out by going in another direction entirely from the s5 finale, when the focus was starting to be put on those characters (although Jacob had existed prior as a shadow of the island's lore). Not to mention that of all the questions that went unanswered, much of them had to due with Jacob/Man In Black. The final season really closed out the main characters' storylines well, but this new storyline direction went pretty much undeveloped and unexplained for the most part. To me, it seemed like a major cop out because the writers were running out of time to tie all of their 5 previous seasons of largely-random BS together, and went with that to do it. If you go back to how the show started and compare it to how it ended, there's no way in hell that was how it was originally planned to be. No way, no how.

My ranking of the 24 seasons:
s1 > s2 > s5 > s3 > s4 > s8 > s7 > s6

s1 of 24 had the magic, although IMO the second half kind of sucked (save for the ending). s6 was flat-out terrible, and like Lost's s3, almost made me quit watching the show altogether. The show ended better than the previous couple of years before it (s7 and s6). If you can take the second half of s8 and couple that with the first half of s7 (including the pre-s7 TV movie Redemption), then that combo season prevails over everything but s1/s2/s5. It's just in its later years, when 24 went boring or bad, it was really boring or bad. The show ended up too predictable towards the end as the viewer had already seen everything Jack had at his disposal in earlier seasons (with much better supporting characters to boot).

I'd write more, but quite honestly I don't remember many of the specifics of much of the seasons anymore. The show for me had become quite a repetitive blur over the years. Still loved it for the most part, but once they started killing off major characters for shock value as the show went on, for me it turned into generic Jack Bauer kicking-ass action instead of something I was largely emotionally invested in. Not going to deny the room got a little dusty towards the end of the finale episode, but that had more to do with the realization of my favorite show coming to an end for good rather than what was actually going on.

R.I.P. Lost

R.I.P. 24

Sad

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-25, 10:56 am

24 had a typical ending just like all the other seasons either he gets captured or disappears. The producers left it open to make room for the movie. I hope it doesn't suck.

TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: The LOST/24 Thread   2010-05-26, 8:34 am

LOST Re-enacted by cats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-DShnvNNv0