Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Oh what the... I am no longer a Scorpio   2011-01-14, 5:35 am

http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/story.asp?S=13828331

Quote :
Your zodiac sign may not be what you think
Posted: Jan 12, 2011 7:14 AM EST
Updated: Jan 12, 2011 07:14 AM EST

MINNESOTA: If you've ever read your horoscope, you may be interested in what at least one astronomer has to say about it. Turns out your sign may not really be your sign.

"This is not something that happened today. This has gone on for thousands of years," said astronomer Parke Kunkle.

The star doctors say Earth is currently in a different spot in relation to the Sun, and its equatorial alignment has changed from 3,000 years ago when the study of astrology began -- back when 12 zodiac signs were assigned to 12 different periods of the year.

Those signs you were born into are different now because the Earth's wobble on its axis has created a one-month bump in the alignment of the stars, according to Kunkle.

"Because of this change of tilt, the Earth is really over here in effect and Sun is in a different constellation than it was 3,000 years ago."

What that means to you is a Virgo may now be a Leo, an Aquarius - a Capricorn, and a Taurus - an Aries.

"So I'm an Aries now, fabulous," said Jozsef Szathmary, reacting to the news.

Szathmary has gone from Taurus to Aries in stride, vowing to his sun alignment that he is ready to change.

"I'm a ball of sunshine....wherever the sun is at, that's where I'm at," he said.

And that is just the point. The Sun and Earth are moving surely and slowly, so the stars of your sign aren't the same as they were when that sign was assigned to your birth thousands of years ago.

For your new sign, just subtract one spot on the list.

But, don't expect your horoscope reading to change. Scientists say this rotation has been known about since 500 B.C. and the horoscope calendar hasn't moved.

YOUR "REAL" HOROSCOPE

Astrology buffs should be using these dates, reflecting where the stars currently are aligned:

Capricorn: Jan. 20 - Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16 - March 11
Pisces: March 11- April 18
Aries: April 18- May 13
Taurus: May 13- June 21
Gemini: June 21- July 20
Cancer: July 20- Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10- Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16- Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30- Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23- Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29- Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17- Jan. 20

I've gone from a cool-as-shit Scorpio to a lame-ass Libra now. WTF?! Evil or Very Mad

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the... I am no longer a Scorpio   2011-01-14, 6:19 pm

lolololol. We just looked at this site the other day in my class. Found out I'm not a capricorn, but actually a sagittarius.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the... I am no longer a Scorpio   2011-01-14, 6:44 pm

Damn,that one bullshit thing I didn't believe was actually wrong and I'm now another bullshit thing I don't believe!

Edit: No offense intended to those who may believe in star signs, I respect your opinions and beliefs as I would any other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blood
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the... I am no longer a Scorpio   2011-01-17, 6:45 pm

Lol, I actually read an article about this that said the other constellation thing has nothing to do with the zodiac signs (or says some 'professional' on the subject of the pseudo-science of astrology) so that our signs do not change. Nonetheless, I remain skeptical but open-minded on the subject of Astrology. If nothing else it is a fun read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakeparthenay
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the... I am no longer a Scorpio   2011-01-17, 7:11 pm

im pissed, i was a taurus, now im a aries... BUT, i did read something somewhere else, that said this only applies to people born after 2010? since thats when this whole thing came into light.. idk?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the... I am no longer a Scorpio   2011-01-26, 8:45 pm

Born after 2008, from what I heard, and yes it DOES have to do with the way the planet, and solar system, and bla bla bla rotates. The zodiac constellations are not lined up as they used to be, and when we enter the "age of Aquarius" is when the zodiac actually changes (which was 2008, as some people are guesstimating). The reason being, is that because of the way the planet rotates on is axis, and the solar system moves in the galaxy, the constellations line up differently behind the sun every few-hundred years. We are, apparently, in the "age of Aquarius" as they call it, because it was the first zodiac sign of the year (seeing as Capricorn started in December). Smile I love Astronomy, btw. Lol

And the Zodiac constellations are all dependent on when a zodiac sign is "behind the sun" or not actually able to be seen in the sky. Right now, the edge of Capricorn and the beginning of Aquarius is behind the sun, so it cannot be seen, but in the summer months, those two constellations are full in the sky (though those that live in the upper parts of the Northern Hemisphere cannot see it, as they are Southern Hemisphere constellations). ALL of the Zodiac constellations are CLOSE if not directly ON the Equator, They do not pass any further than the Tropic of Capricorn and Tropic of Cancer (named so aptly for the fact that those were the "highest" constellations, the ones that were at the peak of the earth tilt that causes the weather and sunlight changes in the world).

ANYWAY, if you believe the mystical side of the constellation stuff called astrology, then because you were born at a CERTAIN time and day, in a CERTAIN year, whatever THAT constellation was then, is what you are, because you cannot change the time, or date you were born, and THAT is what it's based off of. There's actually extensive readings done in accordance with the EXACT time of day you were born as well, but I don't get that deep into it, cause honestly, it's all just amusing to read and see if there's any coincidence. Smile

Now, quick fact to take into account, no one is actually positive when we enter the "Age of Aquarius" actually, there is no date that is set, as the Astrological world (which this is totally based off of), cannot seem to agree what is correct.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh what the... I am no longer a Scorpio   

Back to top Go down

Oh what the... I am no longer a Scorpio

View previous topic View next topic Back to top