Share | 

Norn Spirit's Forms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Always The Victor
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Norn Spirit's Forms   2011-08-21, 6:23 pm

Finally we get to see what the forms currently look like, specially Snow Leopard that looks awesome. They did a good job making them look like "wereforms", although they could make a better job with Wolf's head (Not a fan of the pointy face). But, theres two things I really don't like about these. First, I see no wings for Raven Form, which is kinda ridiculous. Transforming into a half bird-half man (Norn) beast with no wings is kinda pointless, specially when Raven is one of the two forms I'm more interested in, I mean, wings are what make birds look birdish (I had to say that). And second and the worst one, they all have the exact same body physics, even the same spots covered with hair/fur/feathers and shapes, the only difference are the skin patterns (for obvious reasons) and heads. This is barely the first time we get to see these (with the exception of Bear Form), but c'mon, they know they can do a far better work than this. There's a lot of good things about these, but the very few wrongs, are a big issue for me.

Pic taken from the main site's demo video.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Norn Spirit's Forms   2011-08-22, 2:24 am

The fuck is the point of a Raven form if it's a landwalker Raven? At the very least, have the goddamn thing floating off of the ground slightly. Really odd to see them cut corners like this considering the intense amount of detail and care that has gone into seemingly everything else about GW2. Oh well. Raven blessing rocks in GW1 so I'm sure Raven in GW2 will be great too. Smile

I'm going to have to agree that the snow leopard form does look pretty badass. It's right up there with the awesome white-fur Charrs that you see in EoTN (and probably GW2 somewhere too). If we can make white-fur Charr characters in GW2, I'm making a white-fur Charr character in GW2.

I'm still not a big Norn guy (I put my interest in them even behind humans, but I'm bored of all my human characters in GW1 soooooooo....), but I'll make one anyways. Maybe my hate is rooted in the fact that I despise snowy areas in games and thus, associate the Norns with that. I mean, the Norns never did anything bad to me. Hell, they even gave me a dozen Clubs of a Thousand Bears that I'll cherish forever! Who can ever forget that token of appreciation? A gold weapon so bad it would lose to the 10-10 Banana Scythe in a fight. It would probably lose to the fake Crystalline Long Sword that you get in Pre-Searing.

Thanks, Norns! scratch

Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Norn Spirit's Forms   2011-08-24, 7:34 pm

That's just being ungrateful. Not only did they gave you the clubs, but they did give you the most badass piece of equipment...The Crown!! Raven form, I don't mind if they make us run around with it (although it would be POINTLESS to chose that form), but just the mere fact that they currently have no wings is plain ridiculous. Not fixing that would be more painful to watch than the Tengu from the Power Ranger Movie, at least they had wings though. T_T But like you said, with all the detail and effort they're putting into every little aspect of the game, they'll surely fix those and at the very least, let you glide while in Raven Form.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Always The Victor
Level 3 Member
Level 3 Member

PostSubject: Re: Norn Spirit's Forms   2011-08-24, 7:47 pm

BTW While they're at it, they better do a better job with Wolf form too, it doesn't look bad, but not good either. Unless they want some mediocre "werewolves" running around like the bullshit Lycans in Underworld (movie was great but the Lycans? "Child Please!"). Something more like the ones on Van Helsing, or at least like the one in Wolfman with a more oldschool look to it.

Speaking of Wolfman, did anybody finally hanged this bitch for being the most dumbass living creature on the planet? Although, is a Twilight fan so we can't expect much out of them.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/open-letter-to-universal-your-wolfman-ripped-off-twilight-9247
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norn Spirit's Forms   

Back to top Go down

Norn Spirit's Forms

View previous topic View next topic Back to top