AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Wintersday 2011   2011-12-16, 3:37 am

Wintersday 2011
Guild Wars Festival Event

It's the greatest festival of the year!

Beginning at Noon Pacific on Thursday, December 15th, you can enjoy lots of Wintersday Festival fun, including special quests and activities, seasonal items, the Snowball Arena, and more. Happy Holidays! This Wintersday 2011 Festival Event runs through Monday, January 2nd, 2012.

More details are located on GuildWars.com's Official Wintersday 2011 page.

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wintersday 2011   2011-12-16, 8:31 am

Mini Polar Bear farming here I come. I'm getting one regardless this year, it's the only thing left that I have been wanting for a while in this game.

Link
Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Wintersday 2011   2011-12-16, 3:54 pm

Wow. Fighting in a Winter Wonderland is FUN. There are pugs forming up in ToA for it and I've been getting 2-2.5 minute runs with them, which while I have nothing to compare it to seems pretty fast and is fun. The rewards aren't the best, but they're also not awful. It seems like they scale with your speed. On a 2 minute run you seem to get 750g, 16 wintersday gifts and 16 frosty tonics, as well as like 7,500 exp I think (in HM that is). If anyone is on over wintersday and wants to do some with me I'd definitely be down for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mrseasonsaltz
Level 5 Member
Level 5 Member

PostSubject: Re: Wintersday 2011   2011-12-16, 5:58 pm

Polar bear quests arent out yet I think. I have only done Snowball dominance so far just cuz I want r10 vanguard on my sin and a respectable rank on my mes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wintersday 2011   2011-12-17, 3:10 am

Link wrote:
Wow. Fighting in a Winter Wonderland is FUN. There are pugs forming up in ToA for it and I've been getting 2-2.5 minute runs with them, which while I have nothing to compare it to seems pretty fast and is fun. The rewards aren't the best, but they're also not awful. It seems like they scale with your speed. On a 2 minute run you seem to get 750g, 16 wintersday gifts and 16 frosty tonics, as well as like 7,500 exp I think (in HM that is). If anyone is on over wintersday and wants to do some with me I'd definitely be down for it.

Here is the page for Fighting in a Winter Wonderland on the official GW wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Fighting_in_a_Winter_Wonderland

Sounds fun (and yes, according to that page, rewards do scale with performance). I'd definitely be down for some runs. How many party members is the quest designed for?

Level 6 Member
Level 6 Member

PostSubject: Re: Wintersday 2011   2011-12-17, 6:12 am

TideSwayer wrote:
Here is the page for Fighting in a Winter Wonderland on the official GW wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Fighting_in_a_Winter_Wonderland

Sounds fun (and yes, according to that page, rewards do scale with performance). I'd definitely be down for some runs. How many party members is the quest designed for?

8 players, but I think heroes can join in too. The way I've been doing it is kinda not how it was designed though, pugs seem to do a 4/4 split and rush straight through to kill one champion and the shrine thingies and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wintersday 2011   2012-01-04, 10:04 am

Gotta love all of the bastards sitting on Grenth in the even LA districts and on Dwayna in the odd districts of Kamadan. The organization amongst the playerbase was really out of whack this year. I actually missed out on a hat during the first finale round because of it. Rolling Eyes

Noticed something peculiar during one of the finales though:

Some guild is actually using that old man emblem on their guild cape! Shocked First time I think I've ever seen that before, lol.

PostSubject: Re: Wintersday 2011   

Back to top Go down

Wintersday 2011

View previous topic View next topic Back to top