[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

[GW2.com] GW2: The First Year [Updated Race/Class Charts]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: [GW2.com] GW2: The First Year [Updated Race/Class Charts]   2013-08-30, 9:24 am

[GW2.com] GW2: The First Year

If you haven't checked this out yet (it's listed in GW2's login screen newsfeed), it's a pretty good article about Guild Wars 2's first year straight from the ANet's mouth. Of particular interest to me are the updated race/class charts in the giant infographic at the bottom of the article. If you remember, around the start of the year ANet published race/class charts tallied from their own server records so it's nice to see the current percentages many months later. I screencapped and cropped out the race/class charts from the articles for inclusion in this thread:

I, for one, welcome our new Risen Thrall overlords. Smile

Discussion(s) about this:

[Reddit] Guild Wars 2: First Year Blog Post & Infographic

[GW2 Guru] Guild Wars 2: The First Year

Last edited by TideSwayer on 2013-08-30, 9:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TideSwayer
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [GW2.com] GW2: The First Year [Updated Race/Class Charts]   2013-08-30, 9:27 am

Guild Wars 2 player base is on the rise after post-launch slump

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/23/4650486/guild-wars-2-player-base-is-on-the-rise-after-post-launch-slump

Quote :
Despite a drop in Guild Wars 2's player base following its initial release last year, the game is seeing a slow but steady rise in players following the introduction of bi-weekly updates, lead designer Isaiah Cartwright told Polygon.

"We've been able to stabilize since the post-launch decline, and we're seeing slow but steady growth in concurrent players and also overall," said Cartwright.

Cartwright didn't specify the number of players involved, but noted it's common to see a drop in players immediately following the launch of any MMO and that the initial burst of players in the first few weeks of launch is not a "normal" representation of the player base.

As a result, Guild Wars 2 pulled a "very large amount" of players from the original Guild Wars; however, the original game is still economically viable enough that there are "no plans to turn it off" any time soon. Guild Wars is currently being maintained by a small development team within ArenaNet.

[Reddit] Guild Wars 2 player base is on the rise

Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: [GW2.com] GW2: The First Year [Updated Race/Class Charts]   2013-08-30, 3:55 pm

Engineer and Mesmer both 10%. I though Engi would be lower. Once people learn how to play it and stop giving it a bad rep, I'll expect Engies to fall within 2nd or third.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [GW2.com] GW2: The First Year [Updated Race/Class Charts]   

Back to top Go down

[GW2.com] GW2: The First Year [Updated Race/Class Charts]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top