[ECTOs] PortalHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My apartment complex sucks: Tell us about roommate issues.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Apophis Kuhr
Level 1 Member
Level 1 Member

PostSubject: My apartment complex sucks: Tell us about roommate issues.   2009-08-07, 5:01 pm

My apartment complex isn't the average complex. It's "student living", so every resident has their own lease and pays an overpriced rate for a fully furnished room. The entire apartment is furnished as well.

I've lived here for about a year now, and the roommates I had previously were very practical, clean, and weren't problems at all. They were able to put up with me, which I appreciated. A few weeks ago I learned that both of my roommates had found new places to live. I don't like living with strangers, so instead of living with two complete strangers, I decided to sign up to transfer to a small apartment which would allow me to live with only one complete stranger.

What. A. Mistake.

Earlier this week, I received a transfer packet telling me that I was being moved to another three bedroom apartment. I was like "wat" and called the office. They got the issue corrected and told me they'd be in touch with me. After I had woken up from a mid-afternoon nap yesterday (8/6/09), there was a new transfer packet taped to my front door. It informed me that I was to move the next day (8/7/09) starting at noon.

So this morning, I wake up and go to the front office. The first set of keys they give me don't work, so I go back to the office and they give me the right set. I go back to what was to be my new apartment, and I open the door.

I am greeted with the smell of mildew and stained, dirty living room carpet.

I go into what was to be my room. The carpet is disgusting, the walls are extremely scuffed, and there's a hole in the wall. The dresser is broken. I moved the dresser a bit and a bra fell out. AWESOME. Also, the fridge had mold in it.

Furious, after dealing with the management's crap for a year (ongoing maint. issues, money issues), I go back to the office and tell them that I am not moving into an apartment like that. I am told that all transfer residents have to take their new units "as is" which is complete idiocy, because you can't expect someone to live in sub-par housing for weeks before maintenance fixes whatever was wrong.

I asked to speak with the leasing manager and I was told that she was unavailable. How convenient. I wasn't going to take no for an answer this time. I waited in the office for two and half hours, frequently asking if I could speak with the leasing manager. They finally give in and it takes five minutes for her to hear me out (she was very nice) and tell me that I can stay in the room I'm currently in.

While I was waiting, at least 4 other groups of people came in complaining about the condition of their room. One guy had maggots in his freezer. Another resident had animal excrement in her new apartment.

This apartment complex does not care about its residents. They only care about taking your money and making you miserable. Most everyone I know that lives here hates it.

tl;dr don't be lazy and actually read it.

Also, it's always fun to talk about problems you've had with past roommates in college or something. Always entertaining. Let's hear em!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reave
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: My apartment complex sucks: Tell us about roommate issues.   2009-08-07, 7:54 pm

wow, you really got screwed. I am going to moving into a 3 apartment building with my brother in 2-3 weeks or so when I go to college, but everything is nice and clean because my family owns the building, and others around it. I would be so pissed if my apartment was like that, I would contact the health inspector, because thats some poor living conditions you mentioned.

MaubyFizz
Level 4 Member
Level 4 Member

PostSubject: Re: My apartment complex sucks: Tell us about roommate issues.   2009-08-07, 7:59 pm

I actually have to move again later this year cus the apartment im in sometimes has no water..... i personally hate moving but this shud be the last time and ill be closer to a mall, so i guess i gotta look at the silver lining.:S

p.s this was random
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue
Level 2 Member
Level 2 Member

PostSubject: Re: My apartment complex sucks: Tell us about roommate issues.   2009-08-07, 11:03 pm

id contact a lawyer and the health dept. for advice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
amaretto creme
GOD Member
GOD Member

PostSubject: Re: My apartment complex sucks: Tell us about roommate issues.   2009-08-08, 12:30 pm

Blue wrote:
id contact a lawyer and the health dept. for advice
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My apartment complex sucks: Tell us about roommate issues.   

Back to top Go down

My apartment complex sucks: Tell us about roommate issues.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top